easy to add cruise control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy to add cruise control?

what would i need to add cruise control to Grey October? is it something i can pull off shifty? i know i would need a new wheel at least, but i'm sure there is more i would need
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

You could get an aftermarket setup. JC Whitney, Summit, any of those would have it I'm sure.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

out of curiousity, if the car was optioned without it would the wirining still be there and functional?

i know i'm getting annoying but what can i say

i've checked my 1990 evtm, and the shop manual and found nothing

Comment

look and see if you have a little black box near the ECM... thats where my cruise module is.
        If you got that, a trip to the yard will get you the ball, cables, and the wheel!
        If not, dont give up. I think cruise got intergrated into the ECM at some point
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

CVN is good for tech occasionally, lol. I learned that the '90-'91 boxes had cruise integrated into the ECM. All I need for the installation is the servo(what does that look like and where is it?)and a wheel with cruise buttons. This will be another project for me to tackle down the line.

I still want an '04 steering wheel.

Comment

Cruise servo is the funny round doohicky on the driver's side fender. Its located near the brake booster, and should have a vacuum line or so, an electrical connector, and a cable that runs over to the throttle body.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Where is the vacuum distribution block? Coming off the servo, there is a line going into the cabin, and another line that snakes behind the wiring harness, and I can't find it again.

Comment

Found it, it's in back of the upper intake manifold on the firewall. As soon as I get a hold of a new wheel with cruise buttons, I'm starting this project.

Comment

Earlier than 90 had integrated cruise......my 89 has it.I think it was 88-89 that it changed. Prolly was a change along with the body...
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

1988 I think came the integrated cruise.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                    X