Ltb 89 Grand Marquis steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltb 89 Grand Marquis steering wheel

Need a maroon/burgandy steering wheel for my 89MGM LS in nice shape.

Anybody going to Harry's who can check on this for me?Willing to pay for your time + the wheel .Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang Eddie View Post
      Anybody going to Harry's who can check on this for me?Willing to pay for your time + the wheel .Thanks
      Leather wrapped or not?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        Leather wrapped or not?
        Willing to take anything in good shape.Mine is junk & oozing glue in the corners.Tired of scraping the glue off my hands when it's warm out.

Comment

If you have the patience to sew I would HIGHLY recommend a wheel skin. I installed one the other day on my crown victoria.

I did a baseball stitch just to give the interior a more detailed demeanor. Two lacing kits are needed for the baseball stitch. Only took 2 hours.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

If you pull the original leather wrapping off, the new 'skin' will look better, and the wheel won't be ridiculously thick.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              If you have the patience to sew I would HIGHLY recommend a wheel skin. I installed one the other day on my crown victoria.

I did a baseball stitch just to give the interior a more detailed demeanor. Two lacing kits are needed for the baseball stitch. Only took 2 hours.
              Where'd you buy this Dave looks good.

Comment

I purchased the wheelskin from this seller on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320716463042

Size A. If you would like a second lacing kit to try out the baseball stitch you can just add that to the paypal notes.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys ,will look into it further.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    If you pull the original leather wrapping off, the new 'skin' will look better, and the wheel won't be ridiculously thick.
                    Meh. I personally suggest getting an extra padded wheel wrap to go underneath the new leather junk, specifically for the purpose of making the wheel thick.

Actually, the one I did wasn't planned this way, I just up and bought a leather cover at AutoZone for a wheel that wasn't originally leather-covered. When I went to install the cover, I discovered that it was too loose, so I just went back and bought a cheapo foam cover to go under it.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Maroon/burgandy steering wheel

Originally posted by Mustang Eddie View Post
                      Need a maroon/burgandy steering wheel for my 89MGM LS in nice shape.
                      Have a leather wrapped one off '87 Colony Park LS.
                      contact djjsc(at)juno(dot)com for pics/info

Comment

Have a burgundy leather one off '87 Colony Park LS.
                        contact djjsc(at)juno(dot)com for pics/info

Comment

Working...
                        X