will a 2011 5.0L 4V 412 HP mustang crate engine fit a 1999 grand marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will a 2011 5.0L 4V 412 HP mustang crate engine fit a 1999 grand marquis

just for the heck of it would this fit in a 1999 grand marquis.will a 5.0L 4V 412 HP mustang crate engine. just want to know for shit and giggles since i found one for $5,000. I thought if it could fit throw that baby in and I wouldn't have to do any mod's to the engine...I don't have that kind of money laying around but If I start saving would it be worth doing that instead of all the basic mod's that will get me to 300hp..where that engine comes with 412hp...

You'll likely need a specific transmission to go with the crate engine. I doubt it would bolt right up to the stock Panther trans. I'm sure whoever knows the correct answer will chime in soon.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

yes it will fit, as in the motor mounts are in the right place and the transmission bellhousing pattern will match.

would it be worth doing? for 5k i don't know if you can get that much power from a 4.6..... but for 5 grand, you could have some real fun with a windsor motor as a starting point. i don't mean basic mods either.

with the 5.0 coyote you would need something to control it as well, throw another grand on to your figure.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

computer for the coyote is $1500... harness is $500 (might be found for $200). These might be able to be scored off a wrecked 11 GT as well for some amount less.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

imo pushrod 5.0 is the way to go for cheap power.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

it's a mod motor. It should work.
            plus, if you have enough money and time, you can make anything work. The real question is "Is is feasible?", because it is always possible.

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

aren't the heads significantly wider?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                imo pushrod 5.0 is the way to go for cheap power.
                And how many Panther owners actually have 400hp 302s? Seems power costs a bit of money no matter how you make it.

For $5k, that does sound tempting. Do you know a modern-engine expert who could help you get it installed and working? I've heard a little talk about these newfangled "Coyote" engines on Mustang boards lately ....
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

It'll be a little tight, would fit better in a 2003+ but shouldnt be too bad. It's a 4v mod motor..same issues as putting a cobra/marauder 4.6 DOHC in one. Plenty of info on that around the net.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Shit, I'd do it. It would bolt up to your trans, and motor mounts.

Those new Coyotes have VVT, don't they? If not, Megasquirt is the way to go
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yea they are vvt. They sell managment systems that control vvt on hondas the K series motors have variable cam timing and it's controlable with hondata. Anywhosy a person could also get a 5.0 out of a new f-150 they have slightly different cams, intake manifold, and tune. They make more tq and a little less hp than the mustang engine at a slightly lower rpm. Just a thought

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                      Big plans

Comment

In F-150 form, the 5.0 puts out 360 horsepower at 5500 rpm, and 380 pound-feet of torque at 4250 rpm

The mustang makes 412 horsepower @ 7000rpm and 390 lb-ft. @ 4250 rpm

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                        Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          And how many Panther owners actually have 400hp 302s? Seems power costs a bit of money no matter how you make it.

For $5k, that does sound tempting. Do you know a modern-engine expert who could help you get it installed and working? I've heard a little talk about these newfangled "Coyote" engines on Mustang boards lately ....

I don't know anybody with a 400hp 302 in a Panther but I also don't know anyone that's thrown 5 grand at the 302 in their Panther
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                            In F-150 form, the 5.0 puts out 360 horsepower at 5500 rpm, and 380 pound-feet of torque at 4250 rpm

The mustang makes 412 horsepower @ 7000rpm and 390 lb-ft. @ 4250 rpm
                            The irritating thing is, Ford COULD have done that with the pushrod 5.0 ... but did they? Nooooooo!
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                            X