X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they nuts?

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ctd/2353347101.html
    FUCK NO AM I PAYING THAT MUCH! lol.

I wouldn't either but how many 5500 mile 86 Towncars do you think exist these days? If you want a museum piece, thats probably it. I probably have that much in my car and I doubt it has the resale value that minty one has.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

And it's an Internet Special, must make it worth more. Verification would be nice on the 5k miles. When I bought my car at 105k, it cleaned up that nice.

sigpic
      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Not to mention, even being minty new mileage wise, there are other things just associated with age and storage...
        like, RUST, paint crackling, not to mention anything rubber or cork that's dry rotted or shrunk, if coolant has been sitting in the block and the built up rust is now clogging the radiator and heater core....
        Mileage is not everything!!

Comment

I question the validity of the mileage. The dizzy condom has more fade than the one on my 88. I can see the rest of it being a very good detail job though.

I do want the digital cluster for my Mark... that would be epic

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

just curious, I looked in the same region for "colony park" as my car,
            and I found an ad for an '89 that boasted "power brakes"

Hahahaha... it's been, what, decades? since any car lacked a brake booster?
            "Ah, no, sir, this here veehicle has manual brakes that ken never fail on ya! Descended from the classic hand brakes of horse-drawn wagons of old, classic, I tell ya. None of this fluid and vacuum and powered complicated nonsense like on these gadgety cars today..."

Comment

my 93 vic was listed with power brakes when I bought it in 2006. go figure.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

minty fresh, half the price of new

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That's too much Bob!
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Someone will pay that, and I wouldn't think twice if I had to have a mint TC.

If you guys ever looked at the prices that folks get for really fresh cars, outside of this forum, you might be surprised.

I have seen '80s TCs advertised in Hemmings at prices that you guys would think absurd. But they aren't listed the following month... There were 3 box panthers in the car corral at spring carlisle. The CP and Mercury were gone on Saturday afternoon, and both were advertised at over 3500, and were not low mileage cars, although they were clean. There was a 100K mile '89 CV slick top (civilian), clean underneath, like new paint and trim... asking 3000. My Dad and I agreed it was a good value (just because it was so clean), and I'd imagine it sold for right around the asking price.

Once upon a time (couple years ago) there was a grey '90 CV on Ebay (it was on Long Island). Keystone wheels, 4.10s, dual exhaust, and some other add ons; ridiculously low mileage. I want to say 12K miles. The guy had pictures of it on the lift, and it was immaculate underneath. The paint on the frame was as new.

I want to say it sold for $7500.

Cheaper than this TC, but it was also newer, twice the mileage, and it was a Ford.

I'd love to have a 'fresh' piece like that. Yeah, I'd probably still eventually take the body off the frame to do body mounts, and paint it... but it is epic to have something older with virtually no mileage.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

The question you would have to ask yourself is.."can I make a cheap one look/run like this for 13,500?" Probably not. If I wanted a showpiece and had the money (to spend on a toy) I wouldn't hesitate at almost 10K for a ultra low mileage box TC in really nice shape. The one 86 Vicky posted may not be a true 5K mile car. The engine bay is a bit faded, and the floor mat looks worn to me (maybe just dirty). The tires have also been replaced, but it would be safe to assume from age only.
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Gotta budget a few grand to install an engine that lets it get out of its own way.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by BerniniCaCO3 View Post
                          just curious, I looked in the same region for "colony park" as my car,
                          and I found an ad for an '89 that boasted "power brakes"

Hahahaha... it's been, what, decades? since any car lacked a brake booster?
                          "Ah, no, sir, this here veehicle has manual brakes that ken never fail on ya! Descended from the classic hand brakes of horse-drawn wagons of old, classic, I tell ya. None of this fluid and vacuum and powered complicated nonsense like on these gadgety cars today..."
                          My 88 ranger s had manual brakes power brakes weren't really standard on absolutly everything until the 90's. I actually really enjoy driving a car with manual brakes and steering, I feel much more connected to the vehicle.

Anyway the only reason to pay that much is the milage if it is in fact 5500. I have seen plenty of cars with alot more miles clean up just as nice.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                          Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            Gotta budget a few grand to install an engine that lets it get out of its own way.
                            If you buy that car at anywhere near its asking price the only thing to do with it is put it in a garage and trailer it to shows. Putting on miles will only diminish the value.

If you want to modify one, you may as well buy a $1000 example and modify the shit out of it.
                            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                            Past Panthers
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I'd buy it and modify/drive the shit outta it.

What real car guy wants a car that you can never drive...

Comment

Working...
                              X