Need Some Serious Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Some Serious Help

My last post was the Leak/Floorpan Rust Repair (1986 Grand Marquis Coupe). I spent about two months finishing the work, and the car is basically all back together now. The car still has some leaks and the recent heavy rains are soaking the car. The main leak issue is from a steel sheet thats been pulled away by the passnger top door hinge (heavy coupe door). The opening allows water to sheet right in by the kick panel. I can't really gain access without taking the hood and fender off. I'm still thinking of what else to do. The drivers side is constructed a little differently and hasn't leaked so far. Has anyone else has this kind of leak? What did you do to fix it? Any ideas, suggestions? Also i need new door weatherstripping because they also leak, (oem style only) and would like to know where to get some. Thanks. This car is giving me cancer.
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

I had the same problem on my pass side door jam, also a coupe. I removed the hood the RF fender and the passenger side door and hinges. The steel rusted out behind the upper hinge. So i made a new patch pannel out of steel , cut out the old rusty section and welded in the new peice. Looks brand new

Comment

Working...
    X