Rear air suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear air suspension

Hoped it wouldnt happen but it did. My air sus. went out. So im just going to convert them to shock/spring setup. Is there any thread that would greatly help me?? Do I have to drill anything?? or just remove the old stuff and slap in the new things with no hassle?? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Make sure it's off before you start working on it. Should be a switch in the trunk for the air suspension (in my aero it's on the right, the fuel pump switch is on the left)

No drilling.

You can use this as a guide

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00132.html

Then just install the coils like you normally would....I dunno what year your car is but that applies to most Panthers. You likely have conventional gas filled shocks already.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Oh yea sorry, it's a 95 town car

Comment

Remove air springs, remove air suspension relay, modify wiring to turn off warning lamp/chime. Install coil springs. Voila.

Comment

Working...
        X