Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone is dreaming

http://capebreton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ284106544

It's literally around the corner from me, but DAMN.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

but it's out of a exployer

offer em 500

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I wish it was in the cards! new brakes and bodywork > more horsepower
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Maybe they looked at what ford charges for a new engine (admittedly I don't know-- but I'd guess $5000), and figure a used one's gotta be worth almost 1/4 of that.

And for some models of car, if the engines like to go and are hard to find, that might be the case. But the 5.0 is just so easy to find.

Comment

This is literally the only GT40P motor I've seen around here. Every Explorer is a sport 4.0 V6 around here, it seems.

Don't get me wrong, I'd pay 700 if I had it, tops, probably. Pretty low miles and if it's a later 2002 model then I've got a 9-10 year old 302.
          sigpic

Comment

2002 there was no 302. In 2002 it had the 4.6 in exploders. I'd buy it and put it in your car. That thing is already better off than what's in there currently...

Comment

I'd love to if I could afford it.
              sigpic

Comment

To satiate my curiosity, I asked how low they'd go on just the engine. Maybe they'll trade the $500 guitar I'm selling! that would be hilarious
                sigpic

Comment

Is it a matter of swapping oil pans, flipping the intake, and modding the throttle body? Exhaust too.
                  sigpic

Comment

gotta swap the oil pump pickup and the timing cover and the harmonic balancer and the water pump too

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                      gotta swap the oil pump pickup and the timing cover and the harmonic balancer and the water pump too
                      Pretty much what you have to do to fix your leaks, plus a little more.
                      You need an egr spacer. If you use a mustang spacer, a bracket must be added to allow stock bracketry to attach. It will also need to be bored.
                      If you find a lightning egr spacer, you're good for bolting up stuff. You will need to swap the linkages on the throttle body, yes.
                      Figure out what year the explorer motor is. If it's a 96, you have the intakes with integral EGR, you have the GT40 heads (no exhaust modifications needed). If it's a '97 it also has the intakes with integral egr, but it has GT40p heads (exhaust modifications needed). If it's 98 plus it's got P heads and non integral egr (for the most part).

Comment

thanks guys! still no reply to my motor $$ email. it would be kind of neat if I could get this motor instead of doctoring up my current lopo.
                        sigpic

Comment

He'll do 650 on the motor by itself. Worth it in my opinion...from a 2000 Exploder. I think I know the vehicle actually.

Anyway, would be nice if I had the $. I technically will have the $ but it would mean no paying debts, buying gas/brake work/body work until next payday but I kinda need that stuff.
                          sigpic

Comment

$650 for a used essentially unknown condition engine? Jeez the local u-pull-it is any engine $99.
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                              $650 for a used essentially unknown condition engine? Jeez the local u-pull-it is any engine $99.
                              This is literally the only 5.0 Exploder I've seen in the year or so I've been trying to find one. Actually, I found one on a salvage yards website a while back, 600 bucks and 4 hours each way to go get it. Reason the truck was scrapped? No compression. Explorer motors are hens teeth, and u-pull-it doesn't exist here.

$99 is retarded. Cheapest used engine I've ever seen was like $200.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X