Tire Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire Size?

Box body Panthers. I am getting ready to put some new tires on. What size are you running, I need wheel width, backspacing, and tire dimensions. I'm thinking I'm going to do 245/60/R15 in the front and 255/60/R15 in the rear.

Thanks!

right now mine has the steel wheels with some off brand tires called Silver Bears that are at least 5 years old and are starting to crack. I have actually put a 17 x 9 Cobra R wheel with a 285/40 tire on the rear with no drum or disc and had about 1/4" between the tire and frame. There is a guy on Corral that fit 15 x 10 wheels on the rear with 5" of backspace.

Im going to run 15 x 10 in the rear with prob 275 section tires and either 16 x 8 or 17 x 8 in the front with a 255 tire. my long term goal is to fit 315s on all 4 corners, Hello fender flares.
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

15x7 stock explorer wheels. 225/75-15 front and 31x10.50-15 rear. Sits a little nose high so it looks fast. The front rub the inner fender near full lock.
      1989 Grand Marquis LS
      flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

60 series on 15" wheels is a little short. I'd do 70 (stock) or 75. Or maybe 75 back, 65 front if you want a little extra rake.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

60 series aint short when its like a 255 or 275...
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Well, I may be forced to go with Cooper Cobras again. Depends on what my Yokohamas are going to cost, it should be about $70 per tire, but then I'll still have to pay to mount and balance them. All the retail prices that I recieved are about $115 for the 245/60 Avid S/T but that includes mounting and balancing.

Comment

And funny as hell, one of the stores I called for pricing told me I couldn't run that wide of a tire without tubbing my wheel wells!!! :drug:

Comment

walk into the local pep boys and see what they have in tires.........i know my local store stocks the 245/60/15 and 255/60/15.........they have free mounting.........think balancing is 8 bucks a tire

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I got my avid s/t's from tire rack pretty cheap. See if you can find some 16" wheels cheap since you gotta buy tires. That way you'll be able to do the brake upgrade later

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                  '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                  '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I got my avid s/t's from tire rack pretty cheap. See if you can find some 16" wheels cheap since you gotta buy tires. That way you'll be able to do the brake upgrade later
                    Brakes are realy far off. And I have new wheels that are going on with the new tires...a set of 15X8.5 aluminum Western mags.

Comment

i got 255/70-15's all around on my sploder and they dont rub at all, but that's a sploder not a panther
                      Originally posted by GMGT
                      you mangwhore

resident sniper expert

Comment

my isuzu runs 265/70/16's
                        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

275/60R15s will not rub on the rear, esp with your rear suspension setup.

I run a puny 235/60R15 on the front, but have gotten away with a 255/60 easily on a 15X7 wheel.
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I dunno if a 275 will fit with my setup, since the new wheels stick out an extra 1.25" overall. Putting the tires all that much closer to the inside of the well. I ave old PI springs in the rear, they are not fresh so it sits normal, no extra rake from the suspension, just the tires and the air shocks when I have them inflated good.

Comment

I had a 295/50/15 on some exploder wheels. They fit on the rear fine.

Running 245/45/17's on the current car on bullitts with 1" spacers. I really want to fit some 17x10.5 or 18x10 bullitts on the rear. That would look awesome.
                              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                              X