Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 fell through; going with a 2005 instead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 fell through; going with a 2005 instead!

The possible deal on the 1991 GM did not materialize
    http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...a-91-good-idea

However: a man whose 2005 Grand Marquis LS (30th Anniversary Edition) I had test driven 2 weeks ago has decided to sell it for what I had offered to him. It's white, leather interior, 30th anniversary bling, 80,000 miles, driven to Florida 2 months every winter, parked indoor, original owners (man is in late 80's). Will go look at it again tomorrow, check out the receipts, make sure all works on it. Then close the deal and bring it home!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2005GM30.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1297776Click image for larger version

Name:	2005gm30i.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1297777

Nice! I didn't know there was a 30th Anniversary Edition.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Nice to see hood ornment!
      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
      1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Wow, completely different car than you were figuring on. Looks nice, though.

30th anniversary of what?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I assume 30th anniversary of the "Grand Marquis" as a brand/model. Haven't closed the deal yet, owner is in his late 80's so I need to proceed at his pace. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Comment

The owner just contacted me. The AC wasn't very cool this week so he took it in, and the condenser is apparently leaking and needs to be replaced ($700). The man had lowered his price from around $8k to my offer of $5k and doesn't want to spend any more on it, nor do I want to foot the bill for a condenser job... We're both pondering our next move...

Comment

Just a tip.There are products that leak seals for a/c that start around 3 up to 60 bucks. Some are for minor leaks and others are for leaks in metal parts. Has worked for me.
              1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
              Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
              Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_GMQ91 View Post
                Nice to see hood ornment!
                It should be higher up.

Go halfsies with the cost to repair/replace the condenser.

Comment

Good idea! Even $5K seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Pete
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                  1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                  1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Working...
                  X