Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick note about User Rep

Folks,

There's been some moaning about the rep system. Most of the moaners are the ones getting shitted on.

I'll make it clear: if you post stupid things and expect to not get docked for it, you've got another thing coming. You're not getting picked on, at least from what I have seen. Sure, I would like to contain rep to a technical forum itself, but that seems to not be possible at this time (if you do find out how, let me know!).

Questions!

Love,

GMGT
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

is this about matt being a foul mouth disrespectful punk?
    yea it was me......tired of little punk tudes

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
      is this about matt being a foul mouth disrespectful punk?
      yea it was me......tired of little punk tudes

sorry about that scottmang. i had a very frustrating day i went nuts. i was pissy the whole day and took it out on you guys. i apologize. my brothers house caught fire and i had a meltdown so i wasn't in a good mood that day. sorry scott again for going nuts. my adhd didnt help the situation either.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Stupid rep system....
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

if your dealing with issues in your personal life and know you might have a "melt down" on the forums, you should avoid posting and getting into forum arguments. by doing this, you avoid saying or blowing up on people by accident.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            if your dealing with issues in your personal life and know you might have a "melt down" on the forums, you should avoid posting and getting into forum arguments. by doing this, you avoid saying or blowing up on people by accident.

im sorry again that happend i hardly even do that.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

wise words... I don't always do this myself. but I seem to be able to mellow faster as I get older.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Btdt.

Comment

i would like to show that some users on here are abusing the rep system let me make things clear if you say something that you know can be judged in a bad way dont state it period in a thread. a good example of this is happening in MD readers ride thread. save the bashing for the battlefield dont go on bashing people rep points becuase of a point someone mentioned that you dont like you got a problem with someone's belief than flame on in the battlefield not a readers ride thread. just saying that you guys are seriously just going to not only hurt that person rep but yours as well. i wish this rep system was eliminated due to abuse.

i hope i made my point clearly.

Comment

There's a Rep system here? Never really noticed or cared. Whoops. Gotta post this to check my lousy rep!
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
                      i would like to show that some users on here are abusing the rep system let me make things clear if you say something that you know can be judged in a bad way dont state it period in a thread. a good example of this is happening in MD readers ride thread. save the bashing for the battlefield dont go on bashing people rep points becuase of a point someone mentioned that you dont like you got a problem with someone's belief than flame on in the battlefield not a readers ride thread. just saying that you guys are seriously just going to not only hurt that person rep but yours as well. i wish this rep system was eliminated due to abuse.

i hope i made my point clearly.
                      You're contradicting yourself, for you were the one to say something about telling Anthony to leave, which was uncalled for, as well as Rick's post. So shutup, before you dig your hole deeper.

Comment

And this is why I personally think the rep system is a bad idea. It creates pointless drama. Its the internet people, get the fuck over it.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          And this is why I personally think the rep system is a bad idea. It creates pointless drama. Its the internet people, get the fuck over it.
                          Amen to that...
                          2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
                            let me make things clear if you say something that you know can be judged in a bad way dont state it period in a thread.
                            You need you take your own advice Matt - even if you are instigated there is no need for unpleasant behavior. People who behave unpleasantly get negative rep, thats how it works. Regular users cannot over-abuse the rep system, there are limits.
                            I like you Matt, you've done more projects with results to your car than most people have since you've been here, and even if your methods were questionable, its still worth something. You just need to stay calm, consider your posts before you post them, and try to impress us with your Lincoln enough to forget this whole ordeal.
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              Its the internet people, get the fuck over it.

^this.

You can really tell that some people here have some really interesting and busy lives...

The rep system here like on most sites is only a popularity contest, and only serves to show who is in the "inner circle" of the site, who is not, and who is not really liked for the most part. Anyone who cares either way, must not have much going on for them in their actual life.

Comment

Working...
                              X