Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

having an issue with my tranny linkages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having an issue with my tranny linkages.

ok this started this week when i put my car in drive and then put in in park the lever gets stiff in reverse and wont allow me to put in park unless i give it force. it used to go in park without any problems but now i have to force it in park rough. what is the issue i just lubriacted with white lithium greas on all the connections on the bottom of the tranny.where it moves and it is still doing it. has anyone else have had this problem.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

one of your shift linkage bushings mostlikely fell apart.......you can find new ones in the help section at the auto parts store they come in a plastic bushing assortment......have often melted these in the past trying to get rusty exhaust off of cougars and thunderbirds

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
      one of your shift linkage bushings mostlikely fell apart.......you can find new ones in the help section at the auto parts store they come in a plastic bushing assortment......have often melted these in the past trying to get rusty exhaust off of cougars and thunderbirds

i was under there and didnt see any bushing fall apart. i have park just takes considerable force to put it in park. and it doesn't do it all the time but most of the time. the only thing i did recently was put another neutral safety switch in. i cant see that being the problem.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

bought new bushings from napa installed them but one of the bad bushings the one on the lever that is bolted right to the tranny side the bracket bent trying to get it out(so far i cant get it out). man these things are a pita to remove. so i am now trying to bend the bracket back in place. how do you remove these.

Comment

well got the bracket bent back in place put everything back together i cant get that last bushing out but also it is a bigger size than the rest this is the one this metal rod goes through this bracket on the tranny it's the lower bushing on that bracket. i will see if scott or john sexton can replace it at scottfest. i dont have the issue anymore of it getting stuck. also it seems to shift later than before now with the new bushings is that normal.

Comment

Working...
          X