Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 MGM adjustable pedals quit working

Hi,
    no, it is not a serious prob I have, my legs still reach those pedals...
    But I like when everything is working on my car, so I now got a kind of a luxury prolem.

Wen I push the pedal adjust switch a "clack clack" sound can be heard from direction of the pedals, which comes from two actuators monted to the gas and the brake pedal. But pedal assembly does not move. I tried to push and pull a bit on the pedals while operating the switch, but that doesnt help.

Any idea, how to go forward with this?

Thanks in advance and greets from Germany

JoJo

no idea anyone ???

a lot of views, but none of you with any idea how to fix this?

Come on, I need your help !

Thanks in advance,

JoJo

Comment

My Grandfather's 04 is the same way. He has them all the way up which is the way he likes it (he is only 5' 5"). I was going to peak under there and see what is up, but figured if the switch makes them "click" in each direction the motor/assembly must be shot.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by mgmgermany View Post
        a lot of views, but none of you with any idea how to fix this?

Come on, I need your help !

Thanks in advance,

JoJo
        Time to order a new set. This is a common problem including my own car. Ford does not service the plastic gear(s) which break. You either have to live with it not working or replace it. You can go used, but a car with any miles would have a set just waiting to break.

Comment

pedal adjustment not working

Thank you for your replies.

I will live with that for now and maybe I will take the assembly apart when the MGM goes into hibernation in October.
          If I find a way of repairing the stuff, I surely will post it here.

Thanks again,

JoJo

Comment

Working...
          X