Looking into a Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking into a Vic

My parents are insisting on me getting a newer car for the winter. So I'm looking into a cop car. What can I expect to pay for a nice 97+ interceptor. Not interested in aeros or another box. Are there any urgent things to do or replace if I got one? I'm seeing $4000 on ebay for nice ones. Is this a correct base line price or not? And are there any things to look or watch out for when looking? Also on a side note, are they as fast as people say they are?

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Make sure the intake manifold has been replaced.
    -Michael

Comment

How much are they?

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

I believe the Dorman/Motormite kit is around $250

Maybe Tom can look it up at advance.
        -Michael

Comment

Dumb question, what does the J mod do for the trans? Its just a shift kit correct? Also What is a reasonable price for a 98+ interceptor?

Comment

It is much better than a shift kit, it is the only way to modify the 4R70W.

It does serve the basic function of a shift kit though, the shifts will be harder.
            -Michael

Comment

the 97s are still the aero body the modern style is 98+
              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Yeah, I made a mistake 98+ is what I'm looking for.

Comment

you can definitely find a decent 98+ pi for $4k or less.

just be sure to test frive it like a mofo and check for the aluminum crossover.

2000 HPP Mods
                  15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
                  9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

Originally posted by BigJon
                    check for the aluminum crossover.
                    Is that on the intake? And What am I looking for on it?

Comment

And What am I looking for on it?
                      -Michael

Comment

I looked at one today. 2000 interceptor, white, blue int, nice car over all. One thing is that the car hasnt been driven in a month. So the power steering is a bit stiff. Not binding on any thing but stiff. I think its just the power steering pump. Has the aluminum crossover too. What do you think the steering issue is? I just found another to look at too about a minute ago same thing but grey interior.

Comment

P71s have firmer steering than the civilian versions.
                          -Michael

Comment

Working...
                          X