95 GM Spare Tire Hold Down Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 GM Spare Tire Hold Down Kit

Been looking for a Spare Tire Hold Down Kit for this car for some time. No luck at the local junkyards and the aftermarket ones don't really fit. I know some of you boys hit the JYs often so if you can get one we can talk price. Doesn't have to be mint but not rusted garbage either. Let me know.....MB

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

quick search for spare tire "hook" turns up LOTS of stuff under $20. That is, if you want something that's for a truck or mustang.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I have a mini-spare in my '92 CV. Would the hook from that be of any use to you?
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

those will work too... they're actually the same length IIRC... you just keep the lug holes down on the spare. also, use the center hook point instead of the offset one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

"I have a mini-spare in my '92 CV. Would the hook from that be of any use to you?"

Supposed to have one coming - would entertain another (in case there is a "fit" issue! Looking to sell it? Need the whole kit - screw, nut and "flange".

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

Comment

Should be the same, if not, just flip the tire and it'll fit. That's how the boxes do it. I'm using a setup from an aero that had a full size spare so I wouldn't know if it's different.

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
              Supposed to have one coming - would entertain another (in case there is a "fit" issue! Looking to sell it? Need the whole kit - screw, nut and "flange".
              Planning to strip some good parts off my '92 CV within the next two weeks.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

"Planning to strip some good parts off my '92 CV within the next two weeks."

Sounds good! Let me know as I may be interested in additional parts....Bobby

Comment

Working...
                X