Tom's 2011 VW Jetta TDI "Locomotive Breath"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom's 2011 VW Jetta TDI "Locomotive Breath"

Yea, I cooked that name up from the Tull song. I exited the Panther world after owning a panther for every single year since 2001, and got this fine piece of machinery.

I picked it up with 18 miles on it. 2.0 diesel, 6 speed manual, black/tan. Has a KILLER factory stereo, and after putting about 130 miles on it (not the easiest driving, either) I managed a whopping 38.1 mpg!

Here's some pics. I enjoy this car, and if you have a problem with VWs I strongly suggest you go test drive one of these. Wait, that encouraged me to buy it, lol...Click image for larger version

Name:	tdi1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1297846Click image for larger version

Name:	tdi2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1297847
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Nice...

Comment

I like the new styling.

Every Jetta owner I've known has loved their cars until they get past about 150K miles... but then again... those were all petrol cars and not diesel. I would think the diesels would last much longer with proper maintenance. The gripes were repairs to the drive train... but again... gaso... not diesel.

Hope you get at least half a million miles out of it (if you keep it that long :p )

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

This thing has the feel and punch of my old Saab 900S Turbo. And it only has 140hp (But the 236 ft lbs of torque sure are nice)!

Wife likes it too. Might be able to finally teach her how to drive stick!

Comment

Not bad for the MPG I hope you got a good trade in. Value for the gmq

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

oh you got a new model i thought you got last body style jetta. i like the new ones i didnt like the previous body style. tom does it have a monsoon system they kick ass. i like the sound system they like lots of bass. did you get the air conditioning seats option. they blow the ac through the seats its cool. though if you have cloth interior it wont have it.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
            -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
              oh you got a new model i thought you got last body style jetta. i like the new ones i didnt like the previous body style. tom does it have a monsoon system they kick ass. i like the sound system they like lots of bass. did you get the air conditioning seats option. they blow the ac through the seats its cool. though if you have cloth interior it wont have it.
              Whatever sound system it has, it KICKS ASS! It doesn't have the Air Conditioned seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                Whatever sound system it has, it KICKS ASS! It doesn't have the Air Conditioned seats.

those german car came with badass sound systems. the passats kicks ass and it a monsoon. my fathers corrado had a kick ass factory sound system too.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

whats up with the jetta's they advertised for 15,999??? were they just uber-strip base models?
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

They weren't TDI's

Comment

now you need to ad the water/meth injection to it lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Very Nice Tom... I have heard of several people getting 80MPG with a programmer.

bully dog makes one for '09-'10 models, not sure if it will carry over to the '11...... http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?...del=VOLKSWAGEN JETTA
                        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

This is not permitted.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I approve of the color and the name. Now you just need to slap a big white horse on the side and I'll feel right at home...

sigpic
                            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

So, it's a milage war you want?....
                              lol.
                              Looks good. Klugschisser.

-ryan s.
                              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                              Originally posted by pantera77
                              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X