X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd Rock it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...75594167#v4-36

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I like the basic package, but look at all the door dings and stuff.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

An FMX? Really?

What's with the red light thing someone hacked into the dash trim?

Nice that it has the proper number of mirrors ... a lot of '79s we see for sale have only one.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Looks rough but at least it's a true 79. Love the stock manifolds and plug wires hanging on them. The gauge wiring looks great also. Very high quality hack job.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I wanna know what they did to the top, and why they removed the Landau lights.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The red LED most likely goes with the alarm modules on the keys. The Landau lights and such were most likely removed when they got it painted. Which sucks, they should have left them all original. Perhaps one was damaged and they couldn't find a replacement? And that wiring IS hideous and needs to be cleaned up and properly tied. That underhood would greatly benefit from a little elbow grease and cleaner.
              sigpic
              https://www.facebook.com/jason.baker.1614
              1985 P43 Crown Vic, "Lightning Interceptor". Project is back on!
              1987 P72 Crown Vic, EFI 351W (not my conversion), rusty and crusty parts car.
              2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.
              2011 Ford Fucus, 36MPG, Sync, wifey / baby mobile.

Comment

wow... even the hack wiring in my 88 is better than that! And I don't really give a rats about that wiring, as long as it works.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                  The red LED most likely goes with the alarm modules on the keys. The Landau lights and such were most likely removed when they got it painted. Which sucks, they should have left them all original. Perhaps one was damaged and they couldn't find a replacement? And that wiring IS hideous and needs to be cleaned up and properly tied. That underhood would greatly benefit from a little elbow grease and cleaner.
                  Pretty Much

Comment

16 bids so far!
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

LTD Landau had coach lights?

And why would someone add an alarm to a car that's bone-stock except for the chrome air cleaner and valvecovers?

Comment

not coach lights - the Landau had some cool unique-to-79 Landau lights on the outside C-pillar.
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                          And why would someone add an alarm to a car that's bone-stock except for the chrome air cleaner and valvecovers?
                          Probably mainly for keyless entry and remote trunk pop. Way back when on my 89 MGM I wanted those things and it was only a few bucks more for an alarm (that did all that) so I went for the alarm.
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            LTD Landau had coach lights?

personally, I don't worry about people taking my car, I worry about people taking the stuff in my car (or that they think is in my car).

It's too bad, if they had just left it unmolested and original it would be about as good an example of the breed as exists, pathetic drivetrain aside.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                              not coach lights - the Landau had some cool unique-to-79 Landau lights on the outside C-pillar.
                              Oh, I know what you're talking about. I just hadn't known those were lights!

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                              Probably mainly for keyless entry and remote trunk pop. Way back when on my 89 MGM I wanted those things and it was only a few bucks more for an alarm (that did all that) so I went for the alarm.
                              Oh, weird. Though admittedly, people sometimes seem to get confused these days when I ask them to lock my doors manually, so I could see remotey silliness being handy if you carry a lot of yuppies who think everything has to have remote locks. And my mother-in-law's new Kia doesn't even have a way to open the trunk manually from the outside - no keyhole, no nothing!

My remote trunk popper button is in the dash .....

Comment

Working...
                              X