WTB: rust free Panther body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: rust free Panther body

Ok I am in Ontario and it's next to impossible to find a rust free car here. Would anyone have a lead on a rust free box body here? Doesn't have to run, don't care what shape the drivetrain is in as long as the undercarriage is rust free and paint job is good.

jeez, now you post a want ad lol. ill keep an eye out for ya. there was a mint 79 marquis brougham coupe and 82 marquis coupe listed. might pop up again. they were around the 2K price range iirc.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

What part of ontario are you in?

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
      351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
      duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Niagara but willing to travel.

Comment

im sure you would be lol. there also were a couple mark VI 4door cars avail too. through my searchings, somethin always pops up.

Comment

look what poped up! lol has the same interior color as my marquis coupe

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ207545583

Comment

Saw that one.

Comment

Just a few weeks too late ... there was an '81, I think, Marquis for sale near here in Mt. Pleasant, MI with 1300 miles on the clock. Think it still had the plastic on the seats, even.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'll sell you mine underside is clean as a pin and there is only one spot of the body (the passenger rear quarter at the very bottom). PM me if your interested I'm in southern Ohio.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                  Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    Just a few weeks too late ... there was an '81, I think, Marquis for sale near here in Mt. Pleasant, MI with 1300 miles on the clock. Think it still had the plastic on the seats, even.
                    http://centralmich.craigslist.org/cto/2459800567.html

June 24th posting, but it's still up on Craigslist.

Wants 8K for it...

Comment

8k is more than I am willing to pay.

Comment

got an 89 towny, last i looked the paint was still on the frame and floor pans, minor surface rust in places, paint going tho, even the creampuffs i work on the paint is starting to go..... i'll sell it for current scrap price........need money to get canvas for my pop up camper

89 vic with 5.0 ho (in my sig) 1800 obo
                        Last edited by Lincolnmania; 07-13-2011, 07:50 AM.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by TFatseas View Post
                          http://centralmich.craigslist.org/cto/2459800567.html

June 24th posting, but it's still up on Craigslist.

Wants 8K for it...

Forgot that was on Craigslist, I was trying to dig it up on Fleabay.

Too bad it's really ugly and has no p/s mirror. And lots of stuff needs replacing or upgrading if someone's actually going to drive it.
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            Forgot that was on Craigslist, I was trying to dig it up on Fleabay.

Too bad it's really ugly and has no p/s mirror. And lots of stuff needs replacing or upgrading if someone's actually going to drive it.
                            What? How does someone not like the really dated color scheme of creme on beige.

I do, but I'm a fan of two-tones...

Should call the guy and see what the story is on that car.

@Mr Bean: I feel your pain, I've been looking for a realitvly clean one myself, but either it's ate up or they want waaaay too much for it.

I've had some luck with older folks who have either taken their cars down to the South for the winter or bought their cars down there and brought them back up here.

I have no idea if you Candians have the snow-bird phenomonom but it's a thought.

ETA: There is a 85 Town Car here from Georgia semi-local to me for a 1000. From looking at it it looks to be pretty much rust free, needs a brake booster and the real seal is leaking. I'd post the sellers pictures he sent me but I don't know if it's proper to post someones else picyures.
                            Last edited by TFatseas; 07-13-2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

i guess the question is, what are the details on what your looking for. also, whats you price range.

Comment

Working...
                              X