Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

03 Grand Marq, with ATC blower doesn't work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 Grand Marq, with ATC blower doesn't work.

A buddy of mine just got this car a couple weeks ago, and today the blower motor quit.
    He took it off, and tested it. Works fine. No blown fuses, no loose or burned connectors.

I suggested the resistor block, but I don't really have a clue.

Any suggestions?
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

It doesn't work on any setting?

I'd put it in self test mode and see what the EATC module says. Could be the damn thing crapped out.

To put the system in self test mode, have the key on engine off, or key on engine running, in park.

Press simultaneously The 'Floor' and 'Off' buttons, and within 2 seconds then press the 'Automatic' button

It will then begin the test, it will take around 30 seconds for the full test, and then it will display trouble codes. Attached is a word file that has all the DTCs and their meanings. And just because there isn't one for the fan, doesn't mean that some other problem could cause the fan not to operate.

Now if you want to exit the self test mode and keep the codes, press the blue button. To clear them, press the defrost button.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU EXIT THE SELF TEST MODE BEFORE POWERING DOWN THE SYSTEM!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you!

I think it was the speed control module.
      After having him remove it, he said it looked like the large terminals had been a bit warm, and the solder looked a bit anemic.
      He's going to try soldering that up and will run the self test if that doesn't fix it.
      Btw, I think we may have contributed to the delinquency of another panther addict.
      Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
      AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
      Open/Lock/Ratio #
      -----------------------
      G / H / 2.26
      B / C / 2.47
      8 / M / 2.73
      7 / - / 3.07
      Y / Z / 3.08
      4 / D / 3.42
      F / R / 3.45
      5 / E / 3.27
      6 / W / 3.73
      2 / K / 3.55
      A / - / 3.63
      J / - / 3.85

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
        Btw, I think we may have contributed to the delinquency of another panther addict.
        :banana:

Comment

yup, re-soldering the module is the usual fix. It gets hot and melts.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X