GM/CV 2002-2003 dash shell change??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GM/CV 2002-2003 dash shell change??

Did the dash outer shell change from 2002-2003?

Don't think it did. If it did, it's very minimal...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Don't think it did. If it did, it's very minimal...
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I doubt it. They didn't really change crap on these cars. I looked at some pics of 02 vics, and between that and the '05 taxi we had in school, they're identical. The Grand Marquis are quite similar. The dashes are pretty much identical besides some different trim panels.

Comment

The cup holders changed. I am not sure if the shell changed or just what bolts to them did.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
            The cup holders changed. I am not sure if the shell changed or just what bolts to them did.
            That's about all they did, Ford wasn't really creative with these cars.

Comment

I read somewhere years ago that Ford was very very careful about changing them as they had the highest owner loyalty at the time. Also, old folks get upset over it

Pete
              Originally posted by gadget73
              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I know there is something different behind the dashes, because you can't install a double din headunit in the older ones (pre 03) without cutting/replacing the HVAC duct that runs behind the radio.
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                  I know there is something different behind the dashes, because you can't install a double din headunit in the older ones (pre 03) without cutting/replacing the HVAC duct that runs behind the radio.
                  The air duct is different. It is thinner so there is more room for the radio. I grabbed the whole duct and am going to see if it fits in my '02.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                    The air duct is different. It is thinner so there is more room for the radio. I grabbed the whole duct and am going to see if it fits in my '02.
                    I bet you have to pull the entire dash down :cry:
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

The entire dash must come down as the duct is attached to the dash from the back side. I am getting pretty good at dash work. I have pulled quite a few apart at bone yards getting parts including wiring. I am not afraid to pull the dash, make changes and get it back together in an afternoon on my own car now.

Comment

Working...
                      X