WTB: front part of exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: front part of exhaust

Like the title says, I need the exhaust where it mounts to the manifolds and the 4 cats.

I have a 91 GM, the junk yard won't sell me used cats. I need this car to go through MD inspection/sniffer. I have a h-pipe and mufflers just missing the front part of the exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird. So what's actually wrong with your existing parts? Stock Vic stuff or stock Mustang stuff?

I'm assuming you're in Maryland since you mention MD inspections.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

got a catted fox body x pipe ok for now but might need some repairs in the future, has about 50,000 mi on it... 100 bucks
      got one vic here with cats on it but they got a shitload of miles

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        Weird. So what's actually wrong with your existing parts? Stock Vic stuff or stock Mustang stuff?

I'm assuming you're in Maryland since you mention MD inspections.
        The cats are gone, they were cut off when I got the car. The car is about to go on the road, so now I need to put a full exhaust system on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
          got a catted fox body x pipe ok for now but might need some repairs in the future, has about 50,000 mi on it... 100 bucks
          got one vic here with cats on it but they got a shitload of miles
          Scott,
          I will be heading up to Pa. in a week or two, I will shoot you a PM when I know for sure what weekend Im going and Ill swing by and get it.

Comment

Originally posted by GilroyRacing View Post
            The cats are gone, they were cut off when I got the car. The car is about to go on the road, so now I need to put a full exhaust system on the car.
            Cut off, eh? Weird, considering you apparently live in an emissions-inspection area, and driving with open manifolds is just nuts. I assume your H-pipe, etc. were obtained separately, then?

If all else fails, I have all four cats from an '87 with SEFI, but the flanges where it mounts to the H/Y-pipe are cut off. ~140k miles on this set. Don't remember for sure the condition of any air-injection-tube fiddliness. Better to have Scotty help hook you up with the junk to upgrade to the 2-1/4" Mustang stuff, though.

Comment

Why don't you just historic tags on it and you don't have to worry about the sniffer at all??????
              '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
              "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
              "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
              "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
              "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

I can give you my stock stuff when I get around to upgrading, how soon do you need it? The cats are about 2 years old or so. Still work fine. I'll throw in the H pipe too if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by grandwagon View Post
                  Why don't you just historic tags on it and you don't have to worry about the sniffer at all??????
                  I thought cars usually had to be 25 years old in most states to do historic tags? And isn't there usually a mileage limit that pretty much precludes using the car for daily use?

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    And isn't there usually a mileage limit that pretty much precludes using the car for daily use?
                    Sometimes yes.

Comment

only way your ever gonna get in trouble is if your neighbor is a cop that hates you

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

In MD it is 20 years and I drive my as a DD and as our only car at the moment and I don't have any problems and I never have with any of my cars!!!!!

Comment

Doesn't MD do a one-time inspection when you put the car on the road, and then you're good or something?
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes they do, you get it inspected and that is it until it changes owners but if you get historic,antique,street rod,ect. Tags there is no inspection!!!!
                            Last edited by grandwagon; 07-15-2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I got into a accident with my other GM, and bought this one with the insurance money. I found it on eBay, it was at a junk yard in jersey apparently the cats got cut off for scrap. I paid $400 for the car, body was mint, undercarriage is spotless,
                              80,000 miles no rust, the frame still has paint and factory stickers underneath. The interior was dark blue, but the sun had faded it to a teal color.
                              The car has been sitting for the last couple years since i bought it. My GF's cousin needs a car so I told her I'd sell it to her.
                              She lives in md I want to make sure everything is legal so she won't have any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X