Sticky gas pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky gas pedal

Anyone elses gas pedal seem really stiff until it starts moving, and then it sinks to the floor easily? The spring on my throttle body seems to be in good shape but for some reason the pedal feels super stiff at first and you have to use extra pressure. Then immediately the resistance is gone and you take off way too fast. This is making quicker take offs like on highways really uneven and cornering while having to use the gas sucks. Anyone hear of this or have a solution for it? Car's a 94 ls.

I had that problem on a Taurus , the throttle plate was filthy cleaned it up and it was fine
    sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, I probably should have mentioned I tried cleaning that sorry lol. I figured that's what it was at first so I wiped it down but it wasn't very dirty at all. I'm scared to spray carb cleaner in there because it has that sticker saying it will eat away at the lining in it. I also sprayed the linkage with some wd to see if it made any difference and nothing.

Comment

I've noticed that the 1990+ cars have a weird pedal feel. My mom's car is the same way. Buy throttle body cleaner. You can't get real carb cleaner in the state of new jersey anyway.

Comment

I was wondering if it was a model thing and not just my car. You say you can't get carb cleaner, but I have a can. Does this mean it would be safe to use on the throttle coating since it's not as rough?

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyTrueBlue View Post
            I was wondering if it was a model thing and not just my car. You say you can't get carb cleaner, but I have a can. Does this mean it would be safe to use on the throttle coating since it's not as rough?
            It's not real carb cleaner lol. That coating is kinda bs, you can use it to clean the tb.

Comment

Okay just didn't wanna ruin anything, thanks buddy! You think I should blast the cable with it too? Or like wd again or something.

Comment

Also sorry I just realized this is probably better for the stock thread not performance oops.

Comment

Pull the air intake plumbing, open the throttle by hand, do you see any gunk? If no, that's just how it is. If yes, clean it up, and see how the throttle acts now.

Comment

Working...
                  X