Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003+ Pushrod Motor Header & Oil Pan Fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003+ Pushrod Motor Header & Oil Pan Fit?

Is there anyone with info on the net who has put a small block or a big block in a 2003+? I am not worried about motor mounts as I will do custom in order to drop the motor down low for hood clearance....

I'd research ford-trucks.com, I think a few people over there have put pushrod motors in trucks with the crown vic IFS.

Other than that, what's the issue?
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
      Is there anyone with info on the net who has put a small block or a big block in a 2003+? I am not worried about motor mounts as I will do custom in order to drop the motor down low for hood clearance....
      I'm about 85% sure the hood, at least the fenders are the same... you should be able to use box engine mounts (if you're doing a 302/351w swap)

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        I'm about 85% sure the hood, at least the fenders are the same... you should be able to use box engine mounts (if you're doing a 302/351w swap)
        When they went to the aluminum crossmember in 2003 the motor mounts changed significantly. You can not simply bolt in Box mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          I'd research ford-trucks.com, I think a few people over there have put pushrod motors in trucks with the crown vic IFS.

Other than that, what's the issue?
          I have not checked out the oil pan under a 4.6 CV/GM or MM. A MM pan will not work in a 2002 or older so I was wondering if the double hump Mustang/CV/GM pushrod pans fit a 2003+.

Comment

Well, I am not sure on headers/oilpan.

I do know motor mounts would be really simple to make. I have a complete 04 CVPI front suspension in my garage, I can take photos if you'd like.
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
              Well, I am not sure on headers/oilpan.

I do know motor mounts would be really simple to make. I have a complete 04 CVPI front suspension in my garage, I can take photos if you'd like.
              Thanks, but the '03 Marauder and '03 P71 I have been cannibalizing do not have motors in them so I can take measurements from them.

Comment

Working...
              X