Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'89 Civi Vic with a 351

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/big-o...item43a84c219e

Check out the underhood picture. Guy doesn't know what he has either.
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Originally posted by 88MercWagon View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/big-o...item43a84c219e

Check out the underhood picture. Guy doesn't know what he has either.
    I take it this is super rare? (serious question)
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Yup, in the U.S., after 1982 Civi cars were supposedly only available with a 302. In Canada, you could get the carb'd 351 up until 1991, although from what I gather it was a rare option. If someone ran a Car-Fax on the VIN, you may very well find it came from above the border.
      Nick
      88 Colony Park LS
      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

yea it's got a vinyl top......probably a detective or a chiefs car

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

According to the VIN decoder on Ford Fleet it is a real 351 car with a P74 designation. According to the Free History Report on Ebay it appears to be a USA car.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

That looks like a CVPI to me with all the civi junk on it. If you look close at the underhood pic you can barely see one of the oil cooler brackets infront of the rad on the pass side. Just to the left of the hood ornament. I see a few of these now and then.

Comment

P74, fleet model, basically taxi/police service. There was no specific police model back then, you just ordered a fleet model and tacked on the police service stuff. And yeah, probably a higher-up's car. They wouldn't have ordered a patrol car with a vinyl top and the cloth seats.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It was the top and cornering lamps that threw me for a loop. Either way, probably a pretty rare car in decent shape.

Edit: If P74 meant fleet car, what was the standard civi designation for a Vic in those years?
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS

Comment

I guess that would explain the non existent history until 1998. lol
                  Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                  New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Working...
                  X