85 vs 90 colony park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 vs 90 colony park

just wanna make sure that the rear quarter panel on a 90 CP would be the same as my 85?

finally found a donor and am charging the sawzall battery... getting ready to probably bite off more than i can chew!

while i'm at it, anything else i should grab from the newer wagon that might be an upgrade to what i've got currently? (besides the motor)

Quarter panels are the same. Grab whatever wagon specific stuff that's in good shape.

Comment

Cut more out of the donor panel then you may need. Dont want to end up with not enough metal. Always easy to remove some, but adding is an entirely different story.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Cut more out of the donor panel then you may need. Dont want to end up with not enough metal. Always easy to remove some, but adding is an entirely different story.
        x infinity

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

well i got the inside all stripped and ready to cut... my old 18v sawzall didn't cut it (literally). need to find a more powerful one and stock up on blades. i assume fine-tooth is best?

Comment

finer tooth the better. coarse-toothed will stretch the hell out of the metal as the individual blades catch. ideally, you want there to be at least one tooth fully engaged with the metal at all times.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              Quarter panels are the same. Grab whatever wagon specific stuff that's in good shape.
              Whatever you don't use can be listed for sale on here.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Does the dash panel on the 90 say Colony Park?
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Which side are you grabbing? If it's the passenger, see about grabbing the driver's side as well if it's in nice shape. Also, as the others said, grab anything wagon specific, i.e. tailgate cable (I'll buy it), upper door striker, if it has the plastic bushing intact, (I'll buy that too), as well as tail lights, trim panels, glass, even the tail gate itself. The front fenders and the doors may also be worth saving if they're not rusted and the woodgrain is in good shape, however that depends on how much storage room you have.
                  Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

well if folks have specific asks and are serious, i'll try to oblige... i'm definitely on a budget, so don't want to pay for things i don't need.

i'll be cutting out the driver rear quarter (assuming i can find a decent battery-operated sawzall).

do me a favor and, starting from this post going forward, jot down exactly what you might need and i'll see if i can make it work. this yard has posted prices, so i'll add a little bit for labor for removal (depending on part) and let you know. you pay shipping. no promises, but i'm happy to try to help others out, as i know these don't come around too often.

this is a colony park LS, but not woodgrain, silver-ish in color. was hit from the rear. red interior. some of it has already been picked over, but again, i'm happy to look.

i'll probably take a day off and try to head out on weds or thurs to avoid the w/e crowd and get what i need before it gets crushed. so speak now or forever hold you peace.

"serious inquires only".

Comment

What? No Woodgrain? That's a rare car. Anyway, parts I would buy off of you are:

Tailgate Cable
                      Tailgate upper striker
                      Question-mark shaped stud-mount for the spare tire

Parts worth saving that could probably easily be sold on here or eBay:
                      Tail Lights
                      Tailgate
                      Interior trim panels
                      Nick
                      88 Colony Park LS
                      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

88merc, i'll see what i can do...

Comment

nick, i got the tailgate leash if you want it... not in great shape cosmetically, but certainly still functional.

anybody know if the seats are the same between an '85 and '90 CP?

Comment

Originally posted by sinistral View Post
                            anybody know if the seats are the same between an '85 and '90 CP?
                            Front seats? Different floor pans, you'd have to modify stuff to get them to fit. Rear seats? Not sure, they're probably still fit, they're of a slightly different style design. 3rd row? I'd think they'd be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                              Front seats? Different floor pans, you'd have to modify stuff to get them to fit. Rear seats? Not sure, they're probably still fit, they're of a slightly different style design. 3rd row? I'd think they'd be the same.
                              thanks; was thinking maybe front power seats, but also just the lower bench of the back seat.

Comment

Working...
                              X