Think Im going for it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think Im going for it...

So after careful reading I think im going to take the plunge and do a swap to the 4R70W.

From what I gather I know I'm going to do the the Baumannator TCS with the wiring harness. and get a doner trans from a 98 stang(3.8). Now from what I've seen the v6 torque converter will work fine with the stock lopo. So I can skip on that for now. Is there anything I'm missing?

any one near houston wanna help?

I want to say the yoke for the driveshaft is different. You can likely just use the later model Vic driveshaft, but you'll probably need the conversion U joint with your original rear flange to mate it up to the diff. Later model cars have a larger flange at the rear.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The yoke is different. The OD is larger.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

hmmmm i was thinking of picking up a drive shaft from a p71 think it was a 99 or 00.

Prob order this---v
        http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-4635-A/
        Last edited by aelli614; 07-20-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X