Tripminder wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripminder wanted

I am looking for a tripminder that will work in my 1988 Crown vic Country Squire.

Thanks

+1

Comment

i always find tripminders give me a few weeks so i can check my yards.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

thanks

Comment

I am still looking for a tripminder,if anyone has one?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercuryman View Post
              I am still looking for a tripminder,if anyone has one?
              Do you need the harness too?

Comment

The car I am putting it in(1988 Country Squire) did not come with a tripminder.It has the digital clock.So I am assuming I would need the harness?

Comment

yes you do if you get one from matt make sure you get a harness it will be useless without the harness i have one from a 89 but the harness is different cause 1 year only harness

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

The car I am putting it in(1988 Country Squire) did not come with a tripminder.It has the digital clock.So I am assuming I would need the harness?
                    I have a complete tripminder harness for your car.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      I have a complete tripminder harness for your car.
                      Do you have the Tripminder as well?How much are you asking?

Comment

Do you have the Tripminder as well?How much are you asking?
                        I do and I don't. I have a working tripminder, but it doesn't have a case.

Comment

One jumper ground wire is needed on the newer cars at the conector that plugs in the back of the tripminder. I think there is an extra one somewere in my shop. My GM is an 87 with a 90ish tripminder. Notice the black wire in 2nd spot is just single in the old harness. I added a wire to it and jumped it to the 4th spot which is how the newer harness is set up. Old harness used for a newer unit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	392.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1267684
                          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
                            One jumper ground wire is needed on the newer cars at the conector that plugs in the back of the tripminder. I think there is an extra one somewere in my shop. My GM is an 87 with a 90ish tripminder. Notice the black wire in 2nd spot is just single in the old harness. I added a wire to it and jumped it to the 4th spot which is how the newer harness is set up. Old harness used for a newer unit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30061[/ATTACH]
                            Y
                            es, if you're using a harness from an '85 or older (CFI or carbed models), you will run into this issue. I have the proper harness for you with the jumper already there

Comment

Is the case just to secure it in place?Will it work without the case?If the tripminder will work without the case,I am interested.How much were thinking price wise?

Comment

Working...
                              X