Headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headliner

Yes, so I completed the restoration of my headliner including stripping it, installing new foam base, installing new crazy awesome two-tone directional fabric, and trimming it in. Then, I procceeded to set it on top of my mom's car until I had a safe and clean place to store it (cleaned a spot out in the rafters for it!). THEN, informed my mom that it was on top of her car, which she acknowledged. THEN, watched my mom return and park her car after a long trip of running errands with my headliner on top of her car for an unspecified period of time before LOSING IT FOREVER.

Anyways, now that you have the story, please let me know if you have a headliner (even if it's just a solid base that needs recovering) for my '79 LTD two-door.

Your Mom should help fund the purchase of another headliner...
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
      Your Mom should help fund the purchase of another headliner...
      +1

and good luck on your search for another one. Nothing around here... at all.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i get them plenty cheap andin good condish but no idea how to ship them
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
          for 2-door vics?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
            I figured this may be quite a problem. If you can get one to me in one pice, I will pay good money for you to do so. I also believe the blithering shrew should help fund the purchase of another one, but I probably have a better chance of being struck by heat lightning...

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
              for 2-door vics?
              how much diff are they from 4 door, ill have to check it out and see how hard it would be to modify
              89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I think the only difference is the ceiling trim since the B-pillar is a differently located. I don't think the actual headliner itself is any different as far as physical dimensions (re: think).

I could be COMPLETELY wrong here.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Headliners are the same. The only difference is the C panels are one big clusterfuck.

Comment

Excellent, I was under the impression they were very different. If anyone has one and wants to ship, send me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Headliners are the same. The only difference is the C panels are one big clusterfuck.
                      :lol:

you should see the c-pillar panels in my 88... no need to remove the trim... they just fall out.

Comment

Working...
                      X