rear bumper crossover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear bumper crossover?

are bumpers the same between box GMs and wagons?

I have pics from test-fitting a sedan bumper on a wagon. Looks pretty interesting, really tucks under there. Basically, picture removing the little plastic filler bits on each side and that's where the ends of a pre-'88 bumper sit. Remind me and I'll try to dig them up.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

better late than never

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      I have pics from test-fitting a sedan bumper on a wagon. Looks pretty interesting, really tucks under there. Basically, picture removing the little plastic filler bits on each side and that's where the ends of a pre-'88 bumper sit. Remind me and I'll try to dig them up.
      if you happen to still have those pics, i'd love to see 'em, thanks!

Comment

Over all with is the same .. wagon bumper isnt as tall ... inside to inside is wider because the waggon rear lower pannels dont tuck in like a sedan.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Here you go. It's an interesting effect, actually quite different than the stock wagon bumper.

This bumper is from an '81 ... I'd be interested to see someone try a '88-'91 sedan bumper, but I'm sure that'd require some changes since it's designed to fit flush on the sedan. This one I just removed the flappy plastic fill panels and bolted it up.

Link to post with more pictures:
          http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post337236
          Last edited by 1987cp; 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

thanks, i actually like that!
            guess it is back to the junkyard yet again...

Comment

'81 GM or CV? i like that it doesn't have the two bumperettes (or whatever they're called) and the black moulding strip...
              wonder what it would cost to re-chrome a bumper -- any ballpark figures?

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              Here you go. It's an interesting effect, actually quite different than the stock wagon bumper.

This bumper is from an '81 ... I'd be interested to see someone try a '88-'91 sedan bumper, but I'm sure that'd require some changes since it's designed to fit flush on the sedan. This one I just removed the flappy plastic fill panels and bolted it up.

Link to post with more pictures:
              http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post337236

Comment

rechrome generally is $400+ around here. Decent JY bumper... $50-100.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                X