It's too perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's too perfect

My car runs perfect. My wife loves it as her DD and is very proud of it. With all the suspension mods, it rides like the big Mercedes did back in the 80's, but handles like a big Mustang. The low profile 285/40/18 tires ride better than the original Michelins. It sounds good, looks good and once it gets rolling, its a fairly quick car. Only one mod left I need to do, a 3.55 trac-lock.Thats it, its got everything we need. And, it does not even have 31k on it yet. It's a fun car. Just had to report that.
    sigpic
    2009 GM, 45,000 miles
    ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

I think it's catching. My wife puts on a pouty face if she doesn't get to drive whenever we take the 99 anywhere.
    I've barely put 300 miles on it, while she's put well over 3000. Pretty good for a 150k+ car.
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
      I think it's catching. My wife puts on a pouty face if she doesn't get to drive whenever we take the 99 anywhere.
      I've barely put 300 miles on it, while she's put well over 3000. Pretty good for a 150k+ car.
      '99 CV? You should make a sig pic with both of your Panthers
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Hey GHorneck

Awesome car i am modeling my sleeper much the same, I get my suspension parts tuesday 9/13 and plenum 9/15 so next weekend
        ill update my album.

About those 18's you have on your 2009 those look real goood and im looking at some from 2010 mustang 5 star and was curious what offset spacers you ended up using ?
        And im assuming your rims are staggered like the mustang with a 9 inch and 10 inch wide rim?
        I just dont wanna make the purchase and not know what to do next...

Thanks
        2010 GM 12,000 Miles
        AFE cold air intake, ADTR polished upper intake, MAGNAFLOW dual cat back exhaust, STEEDA underdrive pullies, 180* thermostat, ADDCO sway bars, METCO control arms and Watts Link, to be continued

Comment

Sad to hear it handles like a mustang. Mine handles better than my mustang ever could, and many other mustangs as proven at the autocross.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Anyone want to share tips and tricks on getting your wives to drive your cars? :confused:
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

my wife is reasonable and will drive what's available to her to drive.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                Anyone want to share tips and tricks on getting your wives to drive your cars? :confused:
                My wife has a habit of blowing motors up and running into things. I HATE having her drive my cars.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                X