AC question:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC question:

I recently found out that my buddy owns a domestic junkyard and that I can get parts for stupid cheap.
    Essentially, the Tank can run forever...
    So,
    Question is, if I got all the parts from the new AC systems (03+), would it work (theoretically), in the Tank?
    My AC system has been open since 2009, and Zach advised me that I need to replace a bunch of parts.
    I figured, since I can scavenge everything from compressor to evaporator, that this would be feasible. Also, I'm taking into consideration that new AC parts for the Tank are going to cost a bit of money, and that finding better looking parts in the junkyard is damn near impossible.
    Any input?
    Or will this just be a "go for it and see what happens" project?

thanks mangs!!

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Or do I just gather all the parts now, and we tackle it at SF?
    I was also reading up on installing a 95+ HVAC controller as well. My friggen sliders are busted.

-ryan s.
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

the evaporator shouldn't need replacing, but it ought to be flushed. Since its inside the dash and something of a bastard job to change it, I'd leave it alone. the condensor is the same story, but a later one will be more efficient to deal with the crappier refrigerant so that may be worth swapping. the bigger problem you're gonna have is getting the stuff all connected. If a late style compressor will bolt up to your bracketry, and you can mate the hoses and such up, you're good to go. A later compressor may be somewhat better with the R134a as well since it will handle the higher head pressures that 134 runs at.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Late style will bolt up. I have a 06 CVPI motor thats going in. I may just grab as much as I can and futz around with it at SF. Or atleast get a good opinion from you guys. Its easier to explain in person.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
        X