Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, Just joined. Desperately need full size wagon tailgate parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Just joined. Desperately need full size wagon tailgate parts.

Hi, just joined.
    Ford man my whole life. First car was a 78 Cougar. Currently have a 2003 Marauder.
    My daily driver is a 89 LTD Crown Victoria LX wagon (no woodie) and the brackets that hold the tailgate glass to the power regulator broke. They are a left & right and big, yellowy plastic. They rivet to the bottom area of the tailgate glass. These are also OBSOLETE (thanks, Ford !!).
    I am fine with buying a whole tailgate if I have to but the freight will kill me unless I can get the gate cheap but the brackets MUST be in near perfect condition.
    I've been looking everywhere and can't find anyone parting one out locally and no junkyards seem to have any (or they are too lazy to look and I can't drive to EVERY yard and walk around).
    I can take a pic of a piece of one of the brackets and post it if it helps?
    Any leads or help would be appreciated as well but the parts are what I really need bad. I have a plastic sheet taped over the rear window currently. Kind of embarrassing, LOL.
    Would need to see pics of the parts to verify condition before buying.
    thanks,
    Rich

PS. I am not 100% sure but I believe the wagon tailgate internal parts are probably the same from 79-91 and Colony park probably would work, too. If the parts are coming from a CP wagon or pre-88 I will do the legwork and check the compatability from a Ford parts dept.
    Oh, and I am located near Phoenix so the closer the better if I need to pick up a complete tailgate.
    Last edited by richardb; 08-06-2011, 12:49 AM.

You might try Silverstateford.com. Go the the "contact us" box on the top right side. Fill out the information. Put as much information about the parts as possible. Ask them in the comment box "if they do not have the parts you need could the tell you who has them" They are in Nevada. I have had excellent experiences with them.

Comment

where are you located? theres a wagon at the local yard i believe

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

steelside Vic wagon at EZ Pull in New Ringgold, PA. Not sure the year, but its 88+ if I'm not mistaken.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Where is local? How perfect is perfect? Remember that Panther wagons haven't been built in 20 years ....
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'm in Phoenix. I found a wagon in Tucson (2+ hour drive!) but of unknown condition.
            Perfect meaning not broken..in otherwords I can use them. They are plastic parts.

Comment

I didn't realize these were that rare. Maybe I *should* have bought that $500 parts wagon last year....

Comment

I wonder if the stuff from my '79 'gate is still any good ....
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                X