Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB - Intermittent wiper controls for 1984 Grand Marquis

Hi,

I'm looking for a complete setup to convert my 2 speed wiper control to intermittent for a 1984 Grand Marquis. Hopefully someone out there has one. Thanks!

Monty

I'll have to double-check on my '81 with the base-base two-speed wipers, but I'm pretty sure you'll also need the little black box under the dash. Not sure about the wiper motor itself, though.

Where are you located? Should put that in your profile so people don't have to ask constantly. We have members all the way from Detroit to Saudi Arabia, so I'm slowly learning not to assume people are even American.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

1987cp,

Thanks for your reply. I did go in and add my location as you suggested. I'm hoping that someone will have all of the parts that it takes to do the conversion and not have to go searching for parts and pieces.

Monty

Comment

All you need is the switch and the little black box... I'll try to find you the pair after scottfest if you still need them
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hi 85crownHPP,

Thanks for your reply. I'd sure appreciate it if you could try and find the parts for me. By the way, what is Scottfest? Thanks again and hope to hear back from you soon!

Monty

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
            All you need is the switch and the little black box... I'll try to find you the pair after scottfest if you still need them
            This is good info!

I still need to try a "spare" wiper motor in the Vic to see whether that fixes my no-high-speed problem (since swapping the box and the switch with known-good spares made no difference).
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
            X