Location of integrated radio antenna 03 Sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of integrated radio antenna 03 Sport

Need to verify if the radio antenna is integrated into the back glass or front. Needing a new windshield by the end of Sept. and want to be sure I don't have it in the front glass.
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

pretty sure its in the back. Most of them will say "radio antenna" right near the wires for it. Most of the time its the set of wires towards the top.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Position of antenna cable

HI,
      if you look into your trunk: onto the shelf, right hand from the spare tire and further right from the trunklid hinge: there is a black antenna cable running from the rear window to the front. If you want to go further: you can find an antenna cable connector right behind the rear seat.
      If you have that cable there, your 2003 has a rear window antenna.
      Hope that helps

Greets from Germany

JoJo

Comment

Yeah, It's in the rear windshield.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Antenna is the squarish spiral looking thing on the rear windshield.

Comment

Thanks guys. One other thing I just noticed. Is the front reveal moulding a 1-time use thing or can it be saved and reinstalled w/ the new glass? I haven't tried pulling the moulding out myself just yet and don't want to destroy it if it can be reused.

I will be removing all the interior/exterior trim I can ahead of time to save it from getting torn up by the glass guy. My only worry is the dash pad, which they will replace it I see even a scratch on it when he's done. Yes, I am that picky about my car, lol...
            These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Originally posted by FordMan77 View Post
              Thanks guys. One other thing I just noticed. Is the front reveal moulding a 1-time use thing or can it be saved and reinstalled w/ the new glass? I haven't tried pulling the moulding out myself just yet and don't want to destroy it if it can be reused.

I will be removing all the interior/exterior trim I can ahead of time to save it from getting torn up by the glass guy. My only worry is the dash pad, which they will replace it I see even a scratch on it when he's done. Yes, I am that picky about my car, lol...
              If they do it right, nothing will have to be removed. They'll cut the windshield out without disturbing any of the interior trim pieces and such. Not sure what the exterior window trim is on those. Let them take care of it. It's part of their job... if it breaks, it's on them. Leave it alone

Comment

Working...
              X