Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Marquis MONSTER CAR - $2500 (RED LODGE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Marquis MONSTER CAR - $2500 (RED LODGE)

http://montana.craigslist.org/cto/2571822677.html

GRANDMA MEETS MAYHEM! Plan your next weekend to the mountains in this 1984 Grand Marquis mounted on a great running 76 FORd F150 4 X 4 with a 360 motor and auto transmission. Inspected and titled. This one is too much fun! Even Granny agrees! $2,500 , obo. 406-425-2938 7:00 am to 8:00 pm, seven days a week.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

The simple way to fit a 351 EFI truck intake under the hood.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

heh... 360?

mild bore of a 351?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ford FE series 360 made for trucks from 68-76 don't think there real common
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Marquis Abuse! Looks like shit to me....just my humble opinion.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

What were they smoking??
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

apparently I'm smoking some similar stuff... I wanna 4x4 my 88... but with a 408W (or better) and an 8th gen frame (116in. wheel base) and solid axles.

I wanna be able to smoke the 39" tires :3gears:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I'm right with you Slymer. I'd love to have something similar.

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

the main thing that makes swaps like these ugly is that the chassis always sticks down below the body. If you could somehow tuck stuff up it would look cool.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Pain the frame flat black, or better yet, undercoat it and ignore it.
                    If that were closer I'd be very tempted... Except I was thinking more along the lines of a f600 frame.
                    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                    Open/Lock/Ratio #
                    -----------------------
                    G / H / 2.26
                    B / C / 2.47
                    8 / M / 2.73
                    7 / - / 3.07
                    Y / Z / 3.08
                    4 / D / 3.42
                    F / R / 3.45
                    5 / E / 3.27
                    6 / W / 3.73
                    2 / K / 3.55
                    A / - / 3.63
                    J / - / 3.85

Comment

take the F150 frame and weld it flush as you can up under the car as close to the axles as possible (assuming the reg cab short bed 116" wheelbase truck frame). Keep enough of the frame intact for the suspension mount points. once that is all on the car... cut the excess frame off and weld those pieces, with necessary brackets, to help stiffen the frame of the car... up flush and neat. Boxing in the frame can also help. The point of setting the car on the frame first before cutting is to make everything straight and true and putting in the main brackets/supports needed first. This will not only give you the needed lift without much help for basic swampers (small 30s), but will keep the geometries the same for the stock F150 bolt on stuff.

Another option is to just weld the whole works on and fashion storage boxes to fill in the gaps between the frames to keep messy stuff (road side kits and fluids) out of the trunk.

Other truck frames will require cutting first since they are a much longer wheelbase than the 114" panther.

Comment

I love it

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                          I love it
                          What kind of transmission modification do you need to make to move wheels that big?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_O View Post
                            What kind of transmission modification do you need to make to move wheels that big?
                            Well since its just a body swap, that means that it likely has the factory transmission, which I assume is a C6, so it should be able to turn 44+ inch tires without any mods as long as the diffs gears are swapped to match the wheels. But the factory AOD in our cars can run at least 31s.... since my Bronco has been on factory 31s for 26 years and 150,000 miles with the stock original 302 and AOD. As long as you change the diff gearing its not much harder on the transmissions.

Comment

Working...
                            X