First road trip=success!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First road trip=success!!!

Just got back from taking my wag on a camping trip and she did awesome! We were loaded down and pulling a 12 foot popup camper averaging about 65 mph and got a tick over 20 mpg!! I am stoked! We had driven for a while and the gas gauge really hadn't moved so I thought it may be stuck but after 150 miles she only took 7.2 gallons. Total miles was about 550 with no issues. I can't believe a 200,000 mile 20 year old vehicle can do this and my sister's Tahoe, which doesn't hold as much stuff, can barely do 17mpg WITHOUT the camper. Ah, ya got to love an AOD and 3.08's!!!
    1991 CVLX Wagon with 17" Black Bullitts, 1974 AMC Javelin owned since 1985.

Originally posted by 91longroof View Post
    Just got back from taking my wag on a camping trip and she did awesome! We were loaded down and pulling a 12 foot popup camper averaging about 65 mph and got a tick over 20 mpg!! I am stoked! We had driven for a while and the gas gauge really hadn't moved so I thought it may be stuck but after 150 miles she only took 7.2 gallons. Total miles was about 550 with no issues. I can't believe a 200,000 mile 20 year old vehicle can do this and my sister's Tahoe, which doesn't hold as much stuff, can barely do 17mpg WITHOUT the camper. Ah, ya got to love an AOD and 3.08's!!!
    Lopos are gas mileage godsends.

Comment

Working...
    X