how to do a tune up???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to do a tune up???

ok guys im pretty new to cars, although i do know very little about cars. i would like to know how to do know how to do a basic tune up on my 95 gm...and links or videos or websites would be awesome!!! thank you!!!

Spark plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, oil and filter, top off on fluids, trans service (if it hasn't had one in a while).

Comment

Yup. Use this for general guidelines.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-tune-up-stuff

And if you need any help, don't be afraid to ask. Nobody is born with all this knowledge. Everyone has to learn it somewhere. Except for Scott. He's the exception.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

how hard is the fuel filter??

Comment

one hose clamp holds it in... two plastic clips hold the hoses to the filter. undo the clamp... pull the clips... swap out... put new clips in. MAKE DAMN SURE it's the right one before you start. there are a number of mid year changes on these damn things. If it doesn't use the plastic clips... you will need the quick disconnect tool which makes removing them a bit more a pain, but going back with the new one is nicer. Also pay attention to the flow direction.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X