Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boulevard Cruiser/Farm Truck

Dear Panthers,
    Since my pickup's at Scott's for repairs, when I had to set up for my annual sheepdog trial here on the farm, the back set got folded down, the dog barrier got moved forward and the Cruiser went to work as a work horse.

It's used for high speed interstate cruising. The mods and fixes are so the big car can carry me and a codriver and four dogs and weeks of gear to the Dakotas and back, fast comfortable and cheap.

It did pretty good lugging a thousand dollars in groceries or 300 pound rolls of woven wire or steel fence panels or propane tanks or a couple dozen steel fence posts or wet dogs or an injured sheep. I did worry about high centering on the drainage ditches but if I hit them at an angle the Cruiser made it across.

It isn't what I'd choose for a farm truck (no 4wd - too low) but it did pretty good and once we get to town to the car wash, she'll be ready for the Interstate.

Donald

the Boulevard Cruiser seems to have one of the more interesting lives of any of the cars on this site. Though it probably doesn't seem that way on the 10th hour of a roadtrip.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Station wagons are significantly versatile. An SUV may have an edge in the "use it as a truck" department, but wagons do pretty well.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Dear Panthers,
        It is an uneasy feeling sliding a 300 pound roll of woven wire off the forklift tine into the Cruiser's cargo area. Felt like I was pushing it.

Donald

Comment

Working...
        X