Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alarm System on a 2001 GM Question about low battery, wierd noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm System on a 2001 GM Question about low battery, wierd noise.

I just left the key in the "on" position (engine not running) by mistake. About 2 hours later I discovered my mistake and tried to start the car but all I get is this weird kra kra kra kra noise from the anti theft system. No electrical in the car including dome light etc.
    So I thought I'd turn the key back to "on" and push the "vallet" button. No improvement. Still with the krakrakra noise. I eventually disconnected the battery and have it on a charger right now, thinking that it must be drained.
    Am I missing something here? Is there a way to shut off that stupid noise? Is the battery likely discharged or is there some sort of safeguard that shuts down all electrical when the battery is starting to drain? thanks-Cougo
    2001 GM LS 25K miles (now 31K) ABS, Auto Climate, Power Dual Leather (dark charcoal),
    Drifting Barge Pkg.

I don't know. Back in the day, on my parents vic, I just ripped the loud stupid horn out.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Spam spam sausage and spam

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
      X