ES poly front bushings ('92-'97)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ES poly front bushings ('92-'97)

i ordered a set of es poly bushings for a 92-97 vic........who wants to be the guinea pig? gonna try em on nates vic if he's interested....btw they were 64.98 a set with free shipping........hope they get here quick so i can check em out

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

They make a world of difference, I still need to put my rears in but I'll do that while I swap engines in the towny. I prolly put new air bags out back as well.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

hey chris was that front set all 8 bushings, or just the 4 uppers?
      thanks for the part numbers btw

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

Cool. was planning on doing mine soon. Whenever I actually do the brake upgrade...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

It was for upper and lower A arm bushings. Have fun greasing them that stuff is nasty to get off. The only thing I found to get the grease off after you're done is wd40 or pb blaster then use soap and water.

Comment

hey chris were your lower arm bushings two different sizes?
            if this works out, all my conversions will get poly bushings.........damm rubber ones cost me about 80 bucks for all 8, and the sleeves are a mofo to remove (4.6 hrs on average to change them out once the arms are off........i need a bigger air compressor and a hot wrench dammit lol
            scott

Comment

I dont think the lowers were but since my towncar had police upper arms they were a different size.

Comment

I'll probably go to these when the brake upgrade happens. The whole front end will get a rebuild then. I have to replace the two lower rear bushings yet too. I have the rubber ones already or I'd go poly back there.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Comment

Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Nice find Scott.... Im goin to have a great handling car hope all our finds can be put to use to help everyone else on the forum out.
                      The Best
                      Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Hey scott did this set work out ok??

Run the deal by us with the different sized lower bushings again - its that the police and fleet cars got 2 different size lower bushings right? and all 98+ are the same (have different size bushings)?

So - for anyone doing this conversion to a pre-98 civillian car can use these bushings, yes?
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

How about their application on pre-92 Vics, PI and not. I know that the pre-92 upper is solid, so no bushings there.

Comment

We need Scott to do a short write up on the bushing upgrades...
                            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Long and short: if you're not changing the lower control arms, at least half the bushings in that set will work just fine on a box body car. The lowers are the same at least from 79-97 on non-police models. I'm not sure if police lowers are any different. If the arm has one large and one small bushing, then its the same as non-police. The 98+ ones may have two large bushings but I don't personally know, and honestly there isn't much point in changing the lower arm.

Whether you can use the 92+ upper bushings on a 91- car is unknown but shouldn't be too hard to find out. Just check the part number for stock replacement bushings on say a 1990 and compare it to a 1992. Upper bushing question does not apply to box body police upper arms since they don't have bushings. 92+ police upper arms have two large bushings, and require a different kit. The kit for it does exist, but I don't know the number.

Pete: I can say it worked out just fine on my car, and I think Nate is happy with the results too. They fit fine at any rate. Mine have started to squeak slightly over speed bumps and the like, but I imagine that will shut up as they break in and/or it gets warmer.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X