NEED '96 GM OEM cd/radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED '96 GM OEM cd/radio

Hi once again from England , I'm looking for an OEM cd/radio head unit to fit my '96GM has anyone got one? They are rarer than rocking horse S**t over here in England (probably 'cuz theres only about 15 GMs of ANY year in the country!!!) I'm prepared to pay (and pay for shipping) if anyones got one that maybe they've upgraded to aftermarket. FYI mine is the model with the tuner/amp in the trunk.

Regards to all you guys , Colin

I do have a 1996 Ford am/fm/CASSETTE . Ford ID F6AF-18C852-CA I bought it on Ebay from a Dismantler.It had a 30 day warranty. By the time I found out the connectors would not fit, it was well over 30 days. I could not use it because of the connector plugs. What I needed was one for a police car. The one I am selling is for a car with the amp and has the connectors, wires are cut. $45.00 USD.plus shipping to you. I just want what I have in it.

Comment

thanks

Thanks Tom for your generous help, I have already got that model radio/cassette in my car so am unable to take up your kind offer, but thanks for the thought.
      I have been looking online and think that maybe the radio/CD head unit wasn't available for this year and model, I may be wrong but that seems to be the case!!!!
      Just as a matter of interest I did a quick check on our government database and it shows only 25 Crown Vics registered in the United Kingdom so I guess my
      estimate of 15 GM's is probably Quite close, maybe even a little on the high side? thanks anyway and have a good week, Colin

Comment

ok i may have found your salvation i have a cd/radio out of a GM/Crown Vic/ or LTC 98 up. I bought this off ebay back when i had my 95 GM now it has a single connector on the back for the newer vehicles but i also have a wiring harness with it that goes from the two plugs in the dash to the single plug on the radio if this is what you are looking for you can have it for the cost of shipping. As id much rather see it go to someone who will use it then have it sit in a drawer in my room and collect dust or be thrown away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0031.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	1267782Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0029.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1267783Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0032.jpg
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1267784

note idk for sure about the 96 but my 95 had blue rather than green dash lights therefore a blue lighting on the radio this radios display lights up green
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

So it does fit a '95 GM? If so and it works well I would think about buying it myself! Let me know....Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

yep it fits and works great the harness is just there as an adapter to switch the plugs from the newer models to the 95 actually i think it was 95-97 but not sure the place i got it from pulled it from a 98 town car. if he passes ill let you know.
            2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

Comment

Thanks and keep me in mind. We'll see what the shipping is to 33067.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Hi thanks for the feply, Does this head unit have the antenna socket on the back?, mine doesn't, it comes throught the trunk mounted amp/tuner
                regards, Colin

Comment

Yes this one does have the antenna socket on the back so i guess it wont work for you oh well i tried

Comment

Working...
                  X