overdrive dont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overdrive dont work

ok so my 1994 faild the bc provincial inspection it needed (1000) in work to make it pass but i found a 1992 for 500$$ so i bought in insted and since its from bc i dont need to get it inspected, so i sold my 94 ls to the scrap company (almost in tears ) and said hello to my 92 ive been drivin it for like 2 weeks now and it wont shift into od, or whatever gear is at 60 kms/hr so i drive in d i would like to know whats wrong and how to fix it?? so anyone with any idea i would greatly appriate a reply thanks

Originally posted by starfoxnerd88 View Post
    ok so my 1994 faild the bc provincial inspection it needed (1000) in work to make it pass but i found a 1992 for 500$$ so i bought in insted and since its from bc i dont need to get it inspected, so i sold my 94 ls to the scrap company (almost in tears ) and said hello to my 92 ive been drivin it for like 2 weeks now and it wont shift into od, or whatever gear is at 60 kms/hr so i drive in d i would like to know whats wrong and how to fix it?? so anyone with any idea i would greatly appriate a reply thanks
    Overdrive band is probably toast. Say goodbye to another 1000 bucks for a trans rebuild.

Comment

ya think its worth rebuilding? or should i get a trans form the scrap yard?

Comment

That's a crap shoot. Do you have an AOD or AODE? What's your build date?
        1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

Depending on rear gears, I'd be surprised if it was trying to go into OD at 60kmh (37mph). Ages ago when everything was all loose and short-shifting, my 3.27:1 wagon would klunk into OD at 40mph/65kmh.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by starfoxnerd88 View Post
            ya think its worth rebuilding? or should i get a trans form the scrap yard?
            If you get a trans from scrap yard than your likely to have the same problem or not even last long, and by then you'll have more in transmission and time then if you was to have yours rebuild. If the car still runs good and everything then i would say sure. But I would keep driving your car as is right now. It'l last a while without overdrive. Just dont do any high speeds to burn up whats left... Least the one I had a while back lasted forever. It had no overdrive but it never did just completely go out. Overdrive just would never come in. Just keep in 3rd gear.

Comment

I would get a rebuilt trans with a good warranty. In the long run, it will be worth it. I never put the car in OD unless the speed is over 40.

Comment

mang, what's the date code on the side of the drivers door mang?

Comment

its a aod trans and ya 3 works good

Comment

Working...
                  X