WTB: distributor boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: distributor boot

Need one of those distributor rubber boot / cover.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

I have an extra distributor boot lying around here. Where would I ship to & how much will you give me for it?
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Sometimes you see one on EBAY but they seem to be rare. If you can get one here and it is in good shape I'd take it!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Rare? hhmmm... I never thought about putting those on eBay... most people throw them away!
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I am on EBAY a lot always looking for parts and I rarely see them. If you have spares you may wish to post them and see if you get bites. For those that wish to return their cars to "original look" they will sell.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I need one because for some reason my small cap MSD keeps getting water in it and blowing the carbon out of the cap. Has put me in some realy bad situations in the rain also stuck places so I dont drive Creamy in the rain. Caps are 36.00 appeace and 10.00 or so shipping from Summit. I dont know if it would work or not. Told MSD about it all they didd was offer to rebuild the dizzy (only like 20K or less on it) and basicly toold me about there in Texas and havet had rain for 168 days. I said why not test your stuff in Oregan or something. I am about ready to go with a distributerless system.

Comment

They make them aftermarket now with cool logos to boot. Mustang unlimited or late model restoration carry them.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Whats with the how much ? Anyway, I will always help out another member... I've got one from my 5.0 Mustang you can have it for $5 and you pay the shipping.

Comment

If your lucky you can find em in the Junk yard..and yea there pretty rare cus people usually just throw em away

Comment

Mustangs Unlimited has NOS Ford pieces in stock. I bought one for my white car to hide the MSD distributor.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I've got one I found while cleaning up the shop the other day.
                      If you're not in a hurry, I can drop it off the next time I pass through.
                      Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                      AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                      Open/Lock/Ratio #
                      -----------------------
                      G / H / 2.26
                      B / C / 2.47
                      8 / M / 2.73
                      7 / - / 3.07
                      Y / Z / 3.08
                      4 / D / 3.42
                      F / R / 3.45
                      5 / E / 3.27
                      6 / W / 3.73
                      2 / K / 3.55
                      A / - / 3.63
                      J / - / 3.85

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
                        and basicly toold me about there in Texas and havet had rain for 168 days.
                        Well, that's useful. You've just got to move to the desert and your stuff will work! :nonono:

Even I've gotten slightly interested in distributerless ignitions after my last time scraping junk out off some cap terminals. Which reminds me, I'd meant to keep the boot on mine with my nice new MSD cap and rotor.

That "5.0" boot for $15 looks pretty good ....
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yeah. I think I will go for it when I get the MSD cap/ rotor and Ford Racing wires. Shit I will have two spare condoms then
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

WOOPS already ordered one. Hope it works as its designed for a larger dia dizzy. Will mostlikely go distributorless at some point anyway my engine would most likely do better with a longer duration spark. Think Mallory had the twin coil option with there double life dizzy years ago.

Comment

Not that rare...

Comment

Working...
                              X