PI heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI heads

I had always thought that the PI head came on the 1999 and up 4.6. I recently heard that the Crown Vic did not get them until 2001. I just bought a 2000 CV P71 and wanted to confirm what I heard was correct. Also what would be a decent price for a complete 4.6, there a couple for sale on Craigslist but am unaware of how much is a good price for an engine if I planned on doing a rebuild on one.

Thanks

yes, Mustangs got them in 99 and Panther chassis cars got them in 2001.

Engine value will depend largely on year, mileage, if they can be seen running or have a compression test done, etc.
    Last edited by johnunit; 09-28-2011, 11:35 PM.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by lsccolt View Post
      I had always thought that the PI head came on the 1999 and up 4.6. I recently heard that the Crown Vic did not get them until 2001. I just bought a 2000 CV P71 and wanted to confirm what I heard was correct. Also what would be a decent price for a complete 4.6, there a couple for sale on Craigslist but am unaware of how much is a good price for an engine if I planned on doing a rebuild on one.

Thanks
      We just picked up a low mileage PI motor from a 03 TownCar for about 700 bucks. 03+ would be best since it has the updated intake manifold that doesn't spring coolant everywhere...

Comment

Working...
      X