Wheel size for mini-spare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel size for mini-spare

I've got the standard 225x60/16 tires on stock 16x7 inch aluminum wheels with a mini-spare on a steel rim. Does anyone know if FMC used a special rim for the minis, or whether that is a 16x7 standard duty wheel with a tiny donut? The reason I ask is that I bought 4 ea. 16" P71 steel wheels that have decent tires mounted. The purpose of the purchased rims is to mount new Firestone Winterforce tires. I'd like to use one of the tires currently on those rims for a full-size spare. If the mini-spare rim is the same as the P71 rims, it simplifies the swaps: one of the snows goes on that rim in place of the mini, and one of the rim/tire units that I bought goes to the trunk. Otherwise I need to either come up with a 5th 16x7 steelie, or see if one of my aluminum wheels will mount in the truck as a winter spare (which just kicks this particular can down the road until Spring). Thoughts? Thanks!

-VG
    2003 Grand Marquis LS Premium White/Light Flint Leather - "Moby Dick". Box stock for now.

The compact spare is on a little narrow rim. Want to say it's 16" OD by probably 3 or 4 inches wide.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Its just a spacesaver rim size only. I'd just pick up another 16x7 for a full size spare if thats what you want. They are $6.00 at my local pull apart. I myself have 20" Boss wheels on my ride and just keep the space saver for the spare.

Comment

mini is 16x4" on all years AFIK.
        -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
        1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
        1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Working...
        X