• Show
Clear All

before the panther there was this lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	my old car.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	1298438

A nice riding car is a nice riding car no matter who made it. A Parisienne is a nice riding car
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

it was just didnt have any luck with it

Comment

I'm not going to start knocking the general motor's offerings here.
        However I will ask a question. Do you see more of these days? Vics or Caprices?
        Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
        AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
        Open/Lock/Ratio #
        -----------------------
        G / H / 2.26
        B / C / 2.47
        8 / M / 2.73
        7 / - / 3.07
        Y / Z / 3.08
        4 / D / 3.42
        F / R / 3.45
        5 / E / 3.27
        6 / W / 3.73
        2 / K / 3.55
        A / - / 3.63
        J / - / 3.85

Comment

I've seen three Parisiennes around, two of which are located downtown near me. They all look to be well-kept
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

a better qustion is how many of them went over 300 tho on the origanl motor

Comment

I've seen more Brougham editions than anything else as far as the GM stuff goes. Seems the rest are either beat to hell, dead, or donked. I see more panthers in my current area... of varying beater levels.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                I've seen three Parisiennes around, two of which are located downtown near me. They all look to be well-kept
                I almost bought one the day I got my P72. I went to look at a Parisienne that had been for sale but it had sold earlier that day. Went for a drive to calm down and saw the Vic for sale.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

i have worked on a shitload of cheviacs......awesome cars!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

My mom had a 1983 Olds Delta 88 before the CV. When the trans died, I went to see about replacing it with a TH350 we had at the time, but the Olds had a variation of the same trans that I needed to have rebuilt. For the same price I ended up looking for another car.

The kid I bought the CV from comes from a Chevy family. He was ridiculed for bringing that car to the house, more so for buying a Jeep Wagoneer, and almost disowned for the Volvo. Well, back on topic, they had three box Caprices there. One of which, is still a DD. I think it was because of those Caprices, the kid buys only box Panthers now. Currently he drives an '84 MGM as his DD and has a cherry '85 MGM as his weekend cruiser.

Also, I see three '94-'96 Impalas on my way to and from work everyday. I see more and more of these cars nowadays.

Packman

Comment

Love for the b-bodies. Laid out Fords feel more laid out though, my opinion.

Pete
                      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I miss the 85 Parisienne I had... the 700R4 was an epic trans. Too bad I could never get a decent carb on it and ended up blowing the engine up. It looked like hell... but when it would run... it would run like it had been stolen

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I had an 83 Buick Electra Park Avenue, loaded. Had the extraordinarily weak 307 Olds motor (4 barrel, Rochester Q-jet, 'electronic' carb). very poor throttle response, and such low compression that even at 220,000 was still going very strong. The I bought a 1989 Buick Estate Wagon. Same motor and very slow. I don't see how these cars could be rated to tow, since their performance was something like 130 horsepower, seriously!
                          95 DGM Impala SS, 383, LT4 cnc heads, LT4 matched intake, Holley 58 mm t/body, GM 846 cam, GMPP 1.5 rr's, F-body MAF, BH OBD I PCM, LT4 knock module, K&N cold air, Edelbrock headers, Flowmaster exhaust, BBHP #73 6-speed, 4:10 gear, sloted and drilled rotors, Z28 cluster
                          96 Buick Roadmaster Limited Wagon, mostly stock
                          77 Ford F150, 400M auto, longbed
                          98 Suburban LS 5.7L Vortec, stock
                          90 Grand Marquis, stock

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                            I miss the 85 Parisienne I had... the 700R4 was an epic trans. Too bad I could never get a decent carb on it and ended up blowing the engine up. It looked like hell... but when it would run... it would run like it had been stolen
                            are you sure about the 700R4 in that Parisienne? I thought they were all 200R4's. That tranny was not very strong, but then, when you put only 130 horsepower in front of it, it's no problem. You're right about the carbs - they sucked! I rebuilt one one time (never again!) and it was a pain! you had to have all these special gauges for the primary and secondary pull off's. That engine was so choked by emission and regs of the day, that it was doomed from the start. And then came the legendary LT1....one of the most beautiful pushrod motors ever designed. Reverse flow cooling to allow much higher compression than would have otherwise been possible, optispark distributor that did not get its timing off such indirect means as a cam lobe, but rather, directly off of the front of the cam. Water pump was also cam driven and not belt driven.
                            95 DGM Impala SS, 383, LT4 cnc heads, LT4 matched intake, Holley 58 mm t/body, GM 846 cam, GMPP 1.5 rr's, F-body MAF, BH OBD I PCM, LT4 knock module, K&N cold air, Edelbrock headers, Flowmaster exhaust, BBHP #73 6-speed, 4:10 gear, sloted and drilled rotors, Z28 cluster
                            96 Buick Roadmaster Limited Wagon, mostly stock
                            77 Ford F150, 400M auto, longbed
                            98 Suburban LS 5.7L Vortec, stock
                            90 Grand Marquis, stock

Comment

towing only needs torque and gears. And that 85 with the electronic q-jet that I had would idle UP a 6 degree incline even with the pissy, leaky carb. HP is a function of RPM and torque... you get higher revs, you'll have higher HP. These engines were meant to be highway cruises, not muscle cars. They worked very well for their intended purpose.

Comment

Working...
                              X