Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 MGM rim/wheel suggestions wanted

Hi there,

my 2003 MGM has gone to hibernation, bad weather here in Germany comes early this year and so I got my 4x4 out for the winter.
    I had a trouble-free fantastic 04-10 time with the MGM over here; the "White Whale" is a real looker on German streets!

My winter job is now to find her some new rims and summer tyres for the next season; she is still on the factory wheels with 225/60/16 winter tyres; thats how she came over from SC last year.

As I investigated, the rim size is 16x7" with a medium offset. Anyone here who can tell me what "medium offset" means in millimeters or inches?

From the look I would like to get me the Ford-made Bullit wheels from the Mustang in 17". Should be original Ford because it will be easier to get them through the technical inspection here.

Does anyone know whether the Bullits from Ford will fit my MGM? Are they 7" or 8" wide?
    Will 235 tyres fit on them and the MGM?
    Will I have to mount a steering stop bumper to make them fit?
    Are spacers needed?

Where-to-buy information would be also appreciated.....

Any other rim suggestions (please not bigger than 17" !) to make her look nice?

Thank you for your input !!

JoJo

Hey, you can run the Bullets ! I'd go with the aftermarket which are identical. I know you are set on the 17" but you will find way too much clearance on the wheel wells. It will look like a 4x4... I have Boss 20" wheels on my 99 GM and still looking at dropping it at least 1" because of height. Anyway here is a page and Company I have used often, hope it helps out. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Mustang-Wheels

Comment

Working...
    X