• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michigan Grand Marquis

This might be worth a look

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/2583493117.html

I like that color for some reason! Looks good

Comment

damn. I'd pay 1200 in a second around here. Only issue mentioned is an oil leak? damn.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Yeah, I'd think he should easily get $1200 for that. Looks pretty nice, though of course Livonia is still part of the greater metro Detroit area, which tends to mean foot flat on the floor whenever you're pulling out into traffic.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

It's a nice GM aside from the oil leak. The only thing that I don't like about this one in particular would have to be those immovable vent windows in the front, they're just a blindspot that serve no real purpose IMO. I don't know what things are like in Michigan but here in NY that car wouldn't even sell for $600, so if I was you I'd keep looking for one that dosen't need a rear main seal.

EDIT: If you're looking for a 1200 dollar GM I think this one is worth the money. http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/2636666370.html
          Last edited by 84GrandMarquis; 10-14-2011, 05:35 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 84GrandMarquis View Post
            It's a nice GM aside from the oil leak. The only thing that I don't like about this one in particular would have to be those immovable vent windows in the front, they're just a blindspot that serve no real purpose IMO. I don't know what things are like in Michigan but here in NY that car wouldn't even sell for $600, so if I was you I'd keep looking for one that dosen't need a rear main seal.

EDIT: If you're looking for a 1200 dollar GM I think this one is worth the money. http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/2636666370.html
            The damn quarters are rusted out.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'll take a rust free car with an oil leak over a rusty car any day.

No one (intelligent) ever scrapped a car cause of a leaky seal.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                The damn quarters are rusted out.
                Oops I didn't even notice till you pointed it out

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 84GrandMarquis View Post
                  The only thing that I don't like about this one in particular would have to be those immovable vent windows in the front, they're just a blindspot that serve no real purpose IMO.
                  Vent windows seem to be useful to smokers, draws the smoke right out. I've even heard 'em referred to as "smokers' windows." I've cracked mine in rain (before getting window visors) and they seemed to let less water in than lowering the main window.

I'm not exactly sure how a window could be a blind spot though...and the pillar the vent window uses hardly covers anything to cause any trouble.

sigpic
                  - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                    Vent windows seem to be useful to smokers, draws the smoke right out. I've even heard 'em referred to as "smokers' windows." I've cracked mine in rain (before getting window visors) and they seemed to let less water in than lowering the main window.

I'm not exactly sure how a window could be a blind spot though...and the pillar the vent window uses hardly covers anything to cause any trouble.
                    I guess I'm so used to having no smokers/vent windows that I just figured that the little black pillar would just bother me but, en I guess you don't even notice it that much. I was also actually under the impression that those little windows were stationary, I didn't even know they could be moved

sigpic

Comment

Vent windows are great on warm days. Pop them open to get cold air right onto your person.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

vent windows for teh win!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I don't know what made me think that those windows were stationary. Hmmm, I guess non-vent windows for the lose then lol

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X