94 taurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94 taurus

Yep. Picked up a Taurus. I had one of these about 2yrs ago that I drove. I like these cars. Its too bad the tranny suck. Good gas mileage, mid size car, and rides decent. It has the 3.0l. Runs smooth. It has 136k miles on it. I had bought this car for junk really. I just some tranny fluid and appears to be okay. May need a speed sensor sometime but its okay. Heat an ac works great. And doesn't look too bad. Driver side fender is dented. The bumper is chip and broke at the corner. Other than that its not a bad car. Its green with green interior. Here's some pics of it
    Attached Files

I was wanting to put my wheels on the car that I have. I have a set of steel wheels with the dog dish centercaps that I kept off my 91 wagon fire chief. I thought it would look good plus give it a classic look. But the lug pattern is different. The Taurus has a smaller lug pattern unless I measured wrong. Would the adapters work okay for these wheels or would it stick out too much and look ridiculous?

I would like to do those wheels, install a k&n air filter setup, and eliminate at least one converter and install a flow master. I think those would go well. I know its a bit off topic here but im not sure how I can run those wheels.
    Last edited by Brandon; 10-17-2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Try to find some Thunderbird/Cougar rims.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I had a 93 LX 3.8. It was a nice car, but really loved the Ford dealer. I swear every month it was in there for something. Funny the one thing that never went was the transmission, although it really was reluctant to shift into second at full throttle.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

The Taurus was available with a police package from 1990-1995. Theese are the wheels you want IF you can find them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	taurus104.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1267942

And to answer the next question I know is comming, no the Robocop Taurus was not a police package car. The movie came out in 1987 and the police package did not start until 1990. Also the police Taurus was not an SHO.
          1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Awesome! I knew they made the police models but didn't know when. I know alot of the mountain areas had theses cars. It being front wheel drive and would go good through the snow.

But finding one in a junk yard would be hard! The police model that is. I would love to have those wheels for sure

Comment

Check E-Bay.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
              X