Damn store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn store

I'm changing the springs on my 95 town car. So I go to autozone to see how much are the coil springs but it doesn't show that they carry springs for the car, just shocks.... I've been thinking of putting in heavy duty ones. Wouldn't a crown victorias or grand marq. from the same year fit? I'm just going to get rid of the air suspension.

Thanks guys

Autozone is a fucking worthless as are their employees. They don't even have any goddmaned books, so when your car isn't in their computer you don't get shit. What's wrong with your air suspension? I love mine and if it ever breaks, I'd fix it before I got rid of it. If your bags are shot I've got a good set in the FS section. If it's anything else I'd hit the junkyard and make it right.
    1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

Don't all 90's TC's only have air springs? If that's the case, you will need to check air-spring conversion kits like "strut masters" or something similar.
      Theres a chance that vic/gmq springs will swap right in, but sometimes there are mounts or something that will need to be changed that will come with the conversion kit. I dunno how it works on TC's.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I know it can be done. I've seen town cars for sale that has been converted to springs. Spending the money for someone to fix air shocks is not worth it. My dad had one that went out and was gonna charge around a grand to fix. Im sure there's a way to convert it over. I just don't know what all u would need. Might could research it on google or something.

Comment

They had air springs originally. I like air springs, so I'd vote on fixing them. It is not significantly more expensive to fix the air suspension than it is to downgrade to coil springs.

if you insist on coil springs, order them for a Vic or something. same thing.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X