Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

79' T-Bird w/Continental Kit and ~700 miles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79' T-Bird w/Continental Kit and ~700 miles...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...item4cfaffa9e8

Factory option? I don't care for continental kits but exceptions can be made...

The underside of that car is sooooo clean.

Hubba hubba.

Always hated those things, and that one is certainly no exception.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Hadn't realized the '70s Turd was BOF.

Trunk pic doesn't really make it clear how you actually get to the trunk ..... doesn't look at all like the swingaway frame thing on a Blazer or Pathfinder.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

What a shame, a perfect time capsule that is inflicted with one of the worst continental kits I've ever seen.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I wanna know who in the hell ever came up with all those abominations of Continental kits which extend the bumper out 5 foot behind the car, and thought they actually looked good, or where acceptable to install on a vehicle that was not supposed to be a joke. The designers at Ford must have been doing alot of coke back then.

As for the car itself, it's one ugly mofo, imo... Ugly was "in" back in the 70's though, so I understand the popularity.

Comment

Looks like the back of a boat.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              Hadn't realized the '70s Turd was BOF.

Trunk pic doesn't really make it clear how you actually get to the trunk ..... doesn't look at all like the swingaway frame thing on a Blazer or Pathfinder.
              Looks to me like the kit is on a hinge and tilts backward. Why else would there be so much dead space between the rear of the kit and the bumper, right?
              1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

I see a similar tbird with a trailer driving by everyday.
                “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                X